- Hilarious in Hindsight: A good deal of the series focuses on Quicksilver and Polaris being half-siblings (and at one point, Polaris and Wanda). Then, a few short months after it ended, Uncanny Avengers (thanks to the whole thing with Fox owning the film rights to X-Men) made a retcon that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch supposedly aren't Magneto's children after all.
- My Real Daddy: Even those who didnt like the series agreed that Quicksilvers portrayal was one of the best things thats happened to him thanks to Peter David.
- Tough Act to Follow: Most people agree that this series just isn't as good the Noir era, despite (or perhaps because of) its more popular cast. Probably because PAD's writing of Polaris and Gambit just isn't as interesting as his interpretation of Multiple Man and Shatterstar (though his writing of Quicksilver was highly praised even by people who didn't like the series). Not help that Polaris is considered a Replacement Scrappy to Siryn who was Put on a Bus to Hell because of her.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Gorgon attacks Quicksilver in a blind rage after Pietro acknowledges his misdeeds, and is made to be a jerkass for it, but given Quicksilver's actions caused the US to nearly commit flat-out genocide on the Inhumans, and for Gorgon to be held prison and experimented on by the US government, it's not hard to see why he'd be so pissed (even if the comic never acknowledges any of this).
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Those bright yellow outfits don't do anyone any favors.
YMMV / All-New X-Factor