- Awesome Music: The Japanese version has a very kid friendly song naming off various monsters. While the U.S. version had a bizarre but So Bad, It's Good showing clips from this movie and Destroy All Monsters that some find more interesting than the original opening credits.
- Designated Hero: We are supposed to feel sorry for Ichiro because he was bullied. Yet right after he stood up against said bully he goes on to pull a prank on a sign painter, who did nothing to deserve such a prank. Which in turn just made Ichiro just as bad as the bullies.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: If you're being bullied, violence is the answer.
- Narm: The Gabara suit is pretty narmy, but the goofy design is most likely intentional when considering who the film was made for.
- The Scrappy
- While the Son of Godzilla introduced the not-so-well liked Minya, there are many lovely moments and he is tolerable. But this movie cemented Minya's scrappy status.
- As is typical for kids in Kaiju films, Ichiro is pretty annoying as well.
- Values Dissonance: After defeating the bullies, Ichiro proves his new coolness by... pulling a mean prank on a sign painter (one that, in a more serious film, likely would have killed him). Keep in mind, the sign painter did nothing to provoke such a prank!
YMMV / All Monsters Attack