- Awesome Music: His entrance theme music "AO Corner" by Takashi Aonishi.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Even before his star-making match against Marco Ruas, Otsuka used to place high every time a Japanese puroresu magazine did a crowd poll, despite his home promotion, Battlarts, being just a small indy feud. He was literally called a cult hero.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: From beating up a vale tudo legend one day (admittedly, with a deep health advantage, but don't tell it to the Japanese press) to hook a fighter with a pro wrestling move the next.
- LGBT Fanbase: It is said he is shockingly popular in the Japanese LGBT community, among other things due to the open fact that he used to work in a gay magazine. The Otoko Sakari gimmick was created as a tribute of sorts to them.
- Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales: You would not think any LGBT people could love a character who represents them by going around in a thong and shoving his ass into people's faces, but they do.
YMMV / Alexander Otsuka