- Alas, Poor Scrappy:
- Grace may be a Clingy Jealous Girl that tends to overreact, but her death in the end of Season 6 was a complete Tear Jerker that mixed this with Rescued from the Scrappy Heap for a good number of her detractors.
- Rubi. Yes, she was a nasty bitch and a Gold Digger, but after some Character Development, she Took a Level in Kindness and grew to love Miguel Ignacio. Shame that at her wedding Claudia blackmailed her to stop the wedding or else she'll kill Rubi's mother and sister.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Joel's Youtube videos. Full stop.
- I Knew It!: At the end of Season 8, Grace is revealed to have survived the car accident.
- Narm: Tons of it.
- Memetic Mutation:Being one of the longest running series in Perú during a time computers and social networks were becomming normal in a lot of peruvian households, theres a ton of them:
- "Ricolaaaaas" the affective nickname Joel gaves to Nicolas once they started becomming friends around season 2, being a pun of Nicolas and "Rico" spanish for "tasty" and ussualy used in Peru when talking about someone with an attractive body.
- Most of Joel Song, specially "El rap del gringo atrasador".
- "Really, nobody should get marry in this series"
- "Ricolas vs BTS" in 2020 Andres Wiese, Nicolas Actor got nominaded to TC Candler"s "The 100 Most Beautiful Faces" and fans where quick to notice a good number of Korean nominees, hence this meme.
- "The Shuimanverse" ,in a late season 3 episode of "De vuelta al Barrio" (the next prime time series of america tv once Al fondo hay sitio ended)theres a short plot involving Rodolfo Rojas (Peter name when he was younger) at the end of that plot peter start narrating and we discover that at least that plot was part of a story peter told Franchesca (with both apearing in a short cameo) and with a Voice Cameo of Joel, confirming that De vuelta al Barrio is in the same universe that AFHS, but without a lot of crossover changes being that the former was set around the last 70 s
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap:
- For many who saw her as an Affably Evil Manipulative Bitch, Franchesca was redeemed the moment she Took a Level in Kindness in Season 6, becoming nicer to the Gonzales family, befriending a convict who was her friend during her time in prison and more supportive towards Grace and Nicolas relationship.
- Cayetana, after she becomes a nicer person and even enters into a relationship with Joel. Sure, Joel and Fernanda are Strangled by the Red String and this does not last but fandom prefers this new kind Cayetana and ships Joel/Cayetana more than Joel/Fernanda.
- Rewatch Bonus: If there's one thing the fans can agree on, it's the fact that the show has shown a lot of Foreshadowing moments that might not make much sense when viewers watch the show for the first time.
- The Scrappy:
- Cayetana, for being an Alpha Bitch who humiliated Grace in a similarly Carrie's style because she was jealous of Grace's very obvious feelings towards Nicolas. She then Took a Level in Kindness, which Rescued from the Scrappy Heap, but becomes a Yandere towards Joel.
- Rubi has become one since her first appearance for being a Gold Digger Alpha Bitch and ruining the Grace/Nicolas and dating him for his money.
- Teresa, for being plain annoying.
- Charo, for being an inconsistent character: one minute, she's the Only Sane Man and the next minute, she's being unreasonable, clingy and breaking up with the men she is with for little reason.
- Milagros, for being a Suspiciously Similar Substitute to Grace and Nicolas's new love interest.
- Strangled by the Red String: Joel/Fernanda, Grace/Nicolas. Also, Charo/Raul is debatable.
YMMV / Al Fondo Hay Sitio