- Acceptable Targets: Non-Romans, slaves, the poor, traitors, defectors...
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is certain to happen with any number of characters.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Many
- Crack Pairing: Gothy/Ryu, Jimmie/Gothy, Ryu/everybody - it goes on.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Marcellus is one of the prime examples on the site.
- Evil Is Sexy: Tiberia
- Iron Woobie: Reading Piso's back-story is enough to make most people cry, yet he still lives his life with a smile
- Jerkass Woobie: Psychologically and sometimes physically abused by his tyrannical parents his entire life, Efrem became a drunk and a jerkass party boy solely to make the hurt dim. He's come out of this and become a fairly successful Aedile and family man, so this seems to have changed. Trope can also apply to Marcus Sempronius. He can be a jerk (a very, very big jerk), but there are moments when you want to hug him. Hasn't led the nicest of lives. No sunshines, rainbows, or fluffy clouds in his past.
- Memetic Molester: Marcellus
- Memetic Mutation: "Ooooer.", streaking, references to the Lt., etc.
- Moe: Piso is a male version.
- Spoiled by the Format: The unfortunate result of some main plot threads, plus the cbox discussions can reveal a lot of spoilers for personal threads between players. Most still manage to have a grasp on some suspense, however.
- Tear Jerker: Piso's aforementioned back-story
- The Woobie: Horty was traumatized after having to watch her mother give birth to two stillborns, thereby making her terrified of childbirth. Her social ineptitude makes forming relationships difficult and maintaining them even harder. She's also gone through a troubled marriage and a divorce that sullied her reputation.
YMMV / Aeterna Roma