- Awesome Music: A lot of the soundtrack, the main theme and "Poeta" especially.
- Complete Monster: The Koroem is a powerful being whose form was worshipped by various species across the galaxy. When aliens mistake it for a human and decided to worship humans, the Koroem grew furious and contacted an evil alien race called the Seekers, ordering them to track down and annihilate humanity, leading to the Seekers wiping out humanity, with only 3 survivors. Arriving at the Galactic Council to reveal itself and taking the form of Gideon Wyeth's deceased loved one to mock him, the Koroem attacked everyone when they tried to defy it.
- Game-Breaker: The higher-level powers border on this, effectively making guns entirely obsolete.
- Polished Port: The PC release has no slowdown with a powerful enough rig, targeting is much easier to deal with, and the Advent Revising patch fixes a lot of other assorted problems.
- Retroactive Recognition: The game is written by Donald Mustard, who would later become the Creative Director for Epic Games (Fortnite).
- Scrappy Mechanic: 'Flick Targeting' was flat-out broken. It didn't make the game unplayable, but it came damn close.
YMMV / Advent Rising