- Awesome Art:
- Jim Lee gets love for his work on the original series. It, along with his work on Uncanny X-Men, is where he got his start.
- It's agreed that the opening issues of the 2013 series were spectacular, if only for Olivier Coipel's art.
- A lot of kudos were also given to Clay Mann after him.
- Like You Would Really Do It: The very first volume began with a storyline where Magneto was supposed to be utterly, totally Killed Off for Real forever, complete with the X-Men eulogising him. He returned pretty soon.
- Narm: The first issue of the original series has Magneto speechifying at length (even for Claremont standards) and it pretty much bores most people these days.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general consensus regarding the 2013 series is that it exists and isn't bad, per se, just forgettable aside from the all-female team.
YMMV / Adjectiveless X-Men