- Audience-Alienating Premise: No pun intended. The film's plot being too similar to Bruce Almighty, plus younger audiences not knowing who Monty Python are. The film's bad reviews didn't help either.
- Critical Backlash: A 19% on Rotten Tomatoes? C'mon, guys. It's not THAT bad.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Despite the fact that the film was an utter flop, those who watched it did so simply to see the final film of Robin Williams, and the fact that he was co-starring with the surviving members of Monty Python didn't hurt either. Many reviews openly said they were the only things worth watching.
- Idiot Plot: As the Fridge Logic section on the film's entry points out, Neil could get out of many of his bad situations if he just had some common sense to go with his powers.
- Especially obvious at one point when he does use his power to give himself a good idea on how to solve a problem....then never thinks to do so ever again.
- Just Here for Godzilla: See Ensemble Dark Horse above.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Many felt the film would have been much better, and much funnier, if it had focused on Dennis the Dog and the Aliens instead of Neil, who the viewers are stuck with, and with a plot that was rather similar to Bruce Almighty, as mentioned above.
YMMV / Absolutely Anything