- Fridge Brilliance:
- The reaction to Calvin pulling out a tomato for his medieval cheeseburger seems confusing at first. Until you remember that many Europeans feared the tomato for many years (it's a relative of nightshade, which is deadly toxic, so people believed tomatoes were as well. . . and in fact, the tomato fruit is about the only part of a tomato plant that is safe to eat). It's actually a small miracle Calvin was able to convince anyone to eat it.
- Homegrown Hero: The eponymous kid happens to be American, getting sent back to pre-medieval England.
- Les Yay: The sisters share some weird moments making both this and Incest Yay Shipping appear. Like talking on the bed about love, being embarrassed, and overall seeming more like a nervous couple.
- Retroactive Recognition: Kate Winslet? Daniel Craig? Fancy meeting you here!
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Kate Winslet as one of the two princesses and the Black Knight.The Nostalgia Critic: Don't try to class up this movie, lady, it's not worth it.
YMMV / A Kid in King Arthur's Court