- Harsher in Hindsight: The Hope Spot in the end with all the Puella Magi uniting in magical girl Vahalla. It was, and still is technically a Heartwarming Moment. Then the next parts came out, revealing that the world is still lousy for a Puella Magi, it's only going to get worse, and, until the very end, Puella Magi would never see their human loved ones again.
- Heartwarming Moments: The Puella Magi uniting in their heaven.
- Related to that, Anne Frank finding out her father survived the Holocaust and published her diary.
- Homura and Madoka reuniting.
- Ho Yay: Cleopatra, in the end, acknowledges that Charmain was the only one to truly understand and love her.
- Cassandra was heartbroken by Penthesilea's death, and Achilles accused her of caring more about her than her brother Hector.
- Diana and Athena. Diana claims that only Athena is allowed to see her naked.
- Anne's heart flutters around Sarah the same way it does around Peter.
- Ilsa is very handsy with Bertha, isn't she? It doesn't help that she took sadistic pleasure out of physically and mentally torturing Sarah, Lies, and Anne.
- And of course there's Homura's love for Madoka requited in the end.
- Tear Jerker: Homura talking to Madoka for the first time in years.
YMMV / A History of Magic