- Awesome Music:
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Ending 16 which, true to Markiplier, features resident Cloudcuckoolander Wilford Warfstache.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Many fans developed a soft spot for Yancy because of his past trauma and him not wanting to leave the prison with you because he thinks he'd be happier inside. Mark pointed out in his livestream that Yancy is still a convicted killer, and is unlikely to have any actual romantic feelings for you.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Yancy from the "Rally the Prisoners" route has become very popular with viewers in a very short time, in no small part because of his musical number and Mark's funny but heartfelt performance; the comment section for Ending 12 is full of people talking about how attached they grew to him and how emotional he made them feel. Not bad for a character who only gets about 10 minutes of screen time.
- Memetic Mutation: "Remember when this was a heist?" Referring to the Genre Roulette that occurs in the latter half of the story (depending on the paths the player takes).
- Nausea Fuel: Those moldy sandwiches in "Ed's Hiding Something". And yes, you have to eat one. Complete with chewing/crunching noises and Mark looking like he wants to puke.
- Tear Jerker:
- Ending 29, when you choose to let go of Mark to save yourself from falling off a collapsing escape route. Especially when he asks you to take care of his dog, Chica.
- Any of the routes where you show Mark you've been bitten by a zombie, and his reaction.
- Yancy choosing to stay in prison because he's Not Used to Freedom, eventually compromising to give parole a try when the opportunity arrives.
YMMV / A Heist With Markiplier