- Accidental Innuendo: The narrator describes the women wearing their best dresses 'for the men of the family', clearly missing out on how incestuous that sounds.
- The Brother is said to treat his mother "as he would his best girl".
- Nightmare Fuel: The very idea that this crypto-authoritarianism was once considered "All-American". With the hyper-rigid Gender roles, deprecation of emotionality and individuality, the whole short plays like a How-To Guide for Pod People.
- Unfortunate Implications: As this points out, the short's reinforcement of traditional gender roles is staggering, even for the time period.
- Values Dissonance: Displays the early 1950's in all their repressive, crapsaccharine glory. Aside from the mass smoking and TV dinners, it has just about every essential 50's trope there is.
YMMV / A Date With Your Family