- Awesome Moments: Having dropped his Ironic Echo dismissing Tiny Tim's death with Scrooge's comments about poor people dying to decrease the surplus population, the Ghost of Christmas Present gives Scrooge a "The Reason You Suck" Speech condemning him for having such a vicious contempt for the lives and livelihoods of the poor.
- Narm: The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come uses a normal human hand instead of draping black cloth, a skeletal hand, or a creepily long hand to point at things, and its Glowing Eyes of Doom have been compared to Jawas. Seeing a ghost most often the scariest thing in the story come off as so unfrightening is bizarre.
- Narm Charm: Scrooge laughing for the first time in many years. Literally strangling out a laugh may look really goofy, but the fact that it's Patrick Stewart doing this and the circumstances leading up to it make this one of the film's Heartwarming Moments.
- Nightmare Fuel: Jacob Marley's face appears in portraits of Bible stories around the fireplace, resulting in the paintings slowly turning their heads to glare at Scrooge.
- Tear Jerker: In the future, Bob Cratchit speaks to Tiny Tim's body and tells him not to be afraid and he always loves him.
YMMV / A Christmas Carol (1999)