A Chorus Line
- Ear Worm: "One! Singular sensation, every little step she takes..."
- "Every day, for a week, we would try to feel the motions... feel the motions..."
- "AGAIN! Step! Kick-kick-leap! Kick-touch!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Bobby relates a childhood story of staging a musical version of Frankenstein. Thirty-two years later...
- Near the end, Sheila remarks she's thinking of opening a dance studio. Flashforward to Bunheads where the original actress Kelly Bishop is doing just that.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: The relationship between Zach and Cassie, only hinted at in the stage version, is the focus of the film version.