- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- Snoopy fighting a chair that suddenly comes to life.
- Snoopy and Woodstock dressing up as pilgrims, since Charlie Brown has Snoopy return to wearing his chef's hat.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Woodstock putting Snoopy's ear in the toaster by mistake? Painful. Him buttering the ear once it pops out? Hysterical!
- Fridge Horror: Why did Peppermint Patty get angry about not having a traditional dinner? Since it was just her and her dad, and depending on his own cooking ability, she may never have had one! Thus, when wanting to share Thanksgiving dinner with Charlie Brown's family, she got a bit upset because those hopes were dashed and didn't know how to react.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- While Peppermint Patty was a bit pushy in inviting herself and the others over, the fact that 1. Charlie Brown was the first one she thought of to spend Thanksgiving with after her dad got called out of town and 2. She invited her own friends along to share with the holiday are pretty sweet of her.
- Although she first sends Marcie to apologize to Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty later goes and apologizes to him on her own.Peppermint Patty: There's enough problems in the world already, Chuck, without these stupid misunderstandings.
- Charlie Brown's grandmother inviting Linus, Peppermint Patty, Marcie and Franklin to her house for Thanksgiving dinner.
- After Charlie Brown and the gang head out to Grandmas, Snoopy and Woodstock have a traditional Thanksgiving meal. No dialogue, no gags (other than the wishbone pull), just Snoopy and Woodstock doing what Marcie said: being grateful to be together and enjoying each others company. The credits roll as they enjoy some pumpkin pie and relax in the late afternoon.
- One-Scene Wonder: Lucy appears in The Teaser with Charlie Brown to deliver the trademark football gag, then doesn't turn up again for the rest of the special even with the prevalence of Linus.
YMMV / A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving