- The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is Pet Sounds meets Freak Out
- Betamaxx's Sarajevo is the 1984 Winter Olympics soundtracked In the Style of Jean-Michel Jarre.
- Elvis Costello's Imperial Bedroom is Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks meets David Bowie's Berlin Trilogy meets Steely Dan's Aja.
- Def Leppard's Hysteria was conceived by producer Mutt Lange as a hard rock Thriller.
- Electric Light Orchestra:
- Eldorado was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band meets Days of Future Passed.
- A New World Record is Revolver meets A Night at the Opera.
- Elvenking's The Scythe is The Black Parade meets The Emerald Sword Saga.
- Ferry's Vocaloid series Parties Are For Losers is Kagerou Project meets Roadside Picnic meets AKIRA.
- Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is Abbey Road meets Tapestry.
- Genesis' Selling England by the Pound is The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society meets Fragile
- Love's Forever Changes is Pet Sounds meets The Velvet Underground & Nico.
- Joni Mitchell's Hejira is Blue meets Court and Spark.
- My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade is The Wall meets the Emo movement
- OGRE & Dallas Campbell's collaborative Concept Album All Hallows is Halloween (1978) meets Escape from New York.
- Iggy Pop described his debut album The Idiot as James Brown meets Kraftwerk.
- Hot Space onwards is Queen meets Michael Jackson.
- Their soundtrack for Flash Gordon is Queen meets Star Wars.
- Radiohead's OK Computer is Pet Sounds meets Billy Idol's Cyberpunk.
- Lena Raine's artistic debut album Oneknowing is Cocteau Twins meets Hatsune Miku, with hints of the Silent Hill soundtracks.
- Sixx:A.M.'s The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack is Dr. Feelgood meets Master of Puppets.
- Supertramp's Breakfast in America is Abbey Road meets Katy Lied.
- Weezer's Blue Album is Nevermind meets Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) (with a little bit of Pet Sounds as a lyrical, rather than musical, influence as well).
- Frank Zappa's Thing-Fish: Coonskin meets The Rocky Horror Picture Show meets Eraserhead.
X Meets Y / Music: Albums