Austin Watson (born September 4, 1987) is an American professional wrestler. He currently wrestles for WWE under the ring name Xavier Woods, as part of the stable The New Day. He began wrestling in 2005 and wrestled for many independent promotions, including territories of the historic National Wrestling Alliance, mostly as Austin Creed, an Affectionate Parody gimmick of Apollo Creed. In late 2007 he was picked up by TNA and worked for them under the modified ring name Consequences Creed until his release in 2010. He then made a few appearances with New Japan Pro-Wrestling, before ultimately being signed by WWE and placed in their developmental system. He got his start on the main roster as a member of The New Day, inevitably being the group's mouthpiece and "manager" (though he still wrestles himself).
He has been a tag team champion in multiple promotions, including NWA Anarchywith , FCWwith , TNAwith , and WWEwith . He's also a one-time DSW Heavyweight Champion, and the 2021 winner of WWE's King of the Ring tournament.
He started a YouTube channel called Up, Up, Down, Down, which features he and some WWE Superstars playing video games as well as interviews with some superstars. Since 2018, he's been a regular on the D&D webseries Acquisitions Incorporated as Bobby Zimeruski, a Goliath barbarian obsessed with cheese. He's currently a regular host for the relaunched G4TV, appearing in various streaming videos before the official relaunch in November 2021.
"Trope It Tight":
- Afro Asskicker: A rather thick one at that.
- All-American Face: His character as Consequences Creed, as a result of who it was heavily based off of
- Affectionate Parody: Of Apollo Creed as Consequences Creed.
- Alliterative Name: Consequences Creed.
- The Bard: He describes himself as one of these during the TLC 2015 PPV.
- Big Brother Mentor: Has one in R-Truth (see Mythology Gag).
- The Cast Show Off: Manager/Wrestler, gamer, Youtuber, YouTube Gamer, has three college degrees, and he can play a mean trombone - and if all that wasn't enough, he's recently picked up bass guitar as well.
- Catchphrase: On Twitter it's #NerdLife, in the ring it's "It's Morphing Time!" before forming The New Day. Also "Keep It Tight!" for his web channel.
- Chick Magnet
- Dance Battler: Claims he was trained in the art of "Hip Hop Kido".
- Dance Party Ending: How he ends every one of the matches he wins.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Not an appearance, but he got an early mention on RAW several weeks before debuting as having started a petition in NXT to bring back the Kayfabe-fired Big Show.
- Expy: Apollo Creed as his Consequences Creed gimmick. He's since claimed to be the son of Apollo Creed on Twitter.
- Finishing Move: Used to be a Tornado DDT. Now it's an inverted pull-back foot stomp that he calls Lost in the Woods. He's recently added a Shining Wizard to his list - one of the reasons he uses King in Tekken, aside from also being a wrestler, is because he has that move in his arsenal.
- Genius Bruiser: His academic resume is impressive, to say the least. Graduated with a double bachelor's in Psychology and Philosophy at 22 (meaning he took four years to finish a double major in college when a lot of people need at least 4 for one Bachelor's degree). Earned his masters' in psychology in 2013 and is currently working on his Real Life doctorate. Keep in mind, he was also wrestling on the side starting about a year out of high school.
- Hate Sink: Austin has said many times that he's a far better heel than a babyface and people just naturally hate him. Of course he seems to prefer it that way and once he's actually playing a heel, people do seem to enjoy him.
- Hypocrite: As part of the New Day. Save! The Tables! Save! The Tables! Save! The Tables! Get The Dudley Boys down after their match at Night of Champions? Get! The Tables!
- I Call It "Vera": Every iteration of his Trombone is called "Francesca".
- Keet: Woods is, uh, pretty hyperactive.
- Motor Mouth: When Kofi and Big E are in the ring, you can bet that Xavier will not shut up for the duration of the match.
- Mythology Gag: Once tagged with Ron Killings in TNA as "Truth and Consequences". When he debuted on RAW, he was introduced in a tag team with R-Truth (Ron Killings) as a 'friend' of Truth's. One of the few times WWE has referenced, if only very opaquely, a talent's time in TNA.
- The '90s: From his finisher and billed from location being shout outs to Power Rangers to his entrance music that sounds like something from Technotronic or C+C Music Factory his gimmick practically screams '90s Kid. Justified as he was born in late 1986 and most of his childhood memories before high school would have been of this decade.
- No Indoor Voice: He takes advantage of being extremely obnoxious at ringside during New Day matches. Although it's meant to cement his heel persona with the group, you can't really hate the guy.
- Parts Unknown: Angel Grove, California.
- Put on a Bus: From TNA to WWE.
- Red Baron: "Consequences" was this in his TNA debut, during which he was given the full name of Rasheed Lucius Creed.
- Sesquipedalian Smith: The Consequences Creed name.
- Shout-Out: From claiming he was trained by Zack Taylor to having his pants say Over 9000 his character is half shout outs.
- Stunned Silence: Actually tweeted this in reaction to a very creepy segment involving Bray Wyatt.
- Tag Team:
- Tournament Arc: Won the East Coast Wrestling Association's Super 8 tournament in 2010, defeating Brian Milonas, U-Gene, and Tommaso Ciampa to do so.