The Varsity Club was a Professional Wrestling Heel Power Stable in what became WCW. It was formed by Kevin Sullivan in 1987 with Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda with a gimmick of champion amateur wrestlers who wore their lettermen jackets and bragged about how they were better wrestlers than everyone else. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams joined in 1988, with Dan Spivey being the last member of the original incarnation. They broke up in 1989. The original trio reunited at WCW Starrcade 1999, adding Leia Meow, formerly ECW valet Kimona Wanalaya, as their cheerleader. The reunion was short-lived.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
They have nothing to do with the movie Varsity Blues.
- Arch-Enemy: The Road Warriors, Jimmy Garvin, The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott)
- Badass Mustaches/Beards Of Evil: Doc and Sullivan sported these, as shown above.
- The Brute: Dan Spivey stands 6'8", making him the biggest guy in the group.
- Hates Everyone Equally: In one promo, Kevin Sullivan said, "We don't like ANYBODY!"
- Jerk Jock: They were excellent wrestlers who were also huge heels.
- Legacy Character: Kurt Angle, The World's Greatest Tag Team, Jack Swagger, Brock Lesnar, any other accomplished amateur wrestlers turned Heel pros.
- Leotard of Power: Goes with the amateur wrestling gimmick.
- Red Baron: Sullivan's was "The Gamesmaster".
- We Know Collegiate Wrestling: Their whole gimmick.