The Varsity Club was a Professional Wrestling Heel Power Stable in what became WCW. It was formed by Kevin Sullivan in 1987 with Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda with a gimmick of champion amateur wrestlers who wore their lettermen jackets and bragged about how they were better wrestlers than everyone else. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams joined in 1988, with Dan Spivey being the last member of the original incarnation. They broke up in 1989. The original trio reunited at WCW Starrcade 1999, adding Leia Meow, formerly ECW valet Kimona Wanalaya, as their cheerleader. The reunion was short-lived.
They have nothing to do with the movie Varsity Blues.
- Arch-Enemy: The Road Warriors, Jimmy Garvin, The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott)
- The Brute: Dan Spivey stands 6'8", making him the biggest guy in the group.
- Demoted to Extra: After a fairly major redebut, they faded into the background. In the end Sullivan and Rotunda both vanished into thin air, Steiner bounced around the undercard, and Leia became a dominatrix and started managing the Jung Dragons.
- FaceHeel Turn: They actually redebuted as faces, coming to the aid of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan against The Revolution. Of course, they backstabbed Duggan in that same match for whatever reason.
- Hates Everyone Equally: In one promo, Kevin Sullivan said, "We don't like ANYBODY!"
- Jerk Jock: They were excellent wrestlers who were also huge heels.
- Leotard of Power: Goes with the amateur wrestling gimmick.
- Ms. Fanservice: Leia Meow wearing skimpy cheerleader outfits, jumping on a trampoline and doing calisthenics.
- Red Baron: Sullivan's was "The Gamesmaster".
- I Know Karate: Their whole gimmick was that they knew collegiate wrestling.