- "He's using hypnosis!...This is the most illegal move in the history of, of wrestling! How is this legal?"—Jake Black, CZW Night of Infamy 9: Betrayal, November 13, 2010CAN YOU DIG IT????
The Osirian Portal (Amasis [Desean Pratt] and Ophidian) were a Professional Wrestling Tag Team best known for its work for CHIKARA from 2007-2011, and from 2014-2016. Their gimmick was based on Egyptian Mythology. They debuted at Cibernetico & Robin with a win over Shane Storm and Jigsaw. They started out as rudos and turned tecnico in 2009. They defeated The Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno and Player Dos) for the CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas at The Global Gauntlet Night 2 on October 19, 2008, and lost them to The Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant) at Hiding In Plain Sight on September 13, 2009. They also wrestled for CZW, JAPW, Ring of Honor, Beyond Wrestling, C*4 Wrestling, Osaka Pro and numerous other promotions. Amasis was put out of action for months as a result of a car accident. At High Noon on November 13th, Amasis announced his retirement, with Ophidian turning rudo and stealing Amasis' mask. They reunited in 2014 and stayed a team until Frightmare defeated Amasis in a Mask vs. Mask match at Temple of Doom on December 2nd, 2016, the first part of that year's Season Finale. They were also 1x NWA Force One (New Jersey) Tag Team Champions, 1x RCW (Real Championship Wrestling in Maryland) Tag Team Champions and 1x VOW (Vicious Outcast Wrestling in Pennsylvania) Tag Team Champions.
As usual, you can find the basics at Wikipedia.
"The Osirian Tropes":
- Animal Motif: Snakes, for Ophidian.
- Arch-Enemy: The Colony, and, for a time, each other.
- The Brute: Escorpion Egipicio
- Dance Battler/Dancing Is Serious Business: They would challenge their opponents to dance-offs during their matches.
- Finishing Move: The Osirian Sacrament
- Genre Savvy: Amasis used the pause button on the controller on Player Uno's tights to knock him down and pin him to win the Campeonatos de Parejas.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Invoked. At JAPW Wild Card 6, March 20, 2010, they teamed with Annie Social in a loss to Mia Yim and The South Side Playaz Club. They used the hypnosis to get the SSPC's valets to kiss.
- Hypno Fool: One of their signatures was Amasis holding Ophidian in a wheelbarrow hold so he could hypnotize their opponents. This is often used to get their opponents to dance, with them having no memory of what happened afterwards.
- Insult Backfire: At High Noon, Ophidian wore a T-shirt reading "HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!", mocking CZW commentator Jake Black's statement of disbelief quoted above.
- Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Parody: At Operation Big Freeze, March 12, 2011, there was a six-man tag with The Osirian Portal (Amasis/Ophidian/Hieracon [Jonathan Gresham]) vs. The Dark Army (Sinn Bodhi/Obariyon/Kodama). The Portal did their hypnosis routine, and the song started, with The Dark Army imitating the zombies and chasing the Portal around the ring. Finally, everyone got back in the ring and did the dance.
- Mummy: Mecha Mummy, who was their teammate at King of Trios 2008.
- Parts Unknown: "The 36th Chamber"
- Red Baron:
- (Amasis): "The Funky Pharaoh," "The Madjai of the Dieties"
- (Ophidian): "The Venomous Vile Serpent from the Nile," "The Master of Snake Style," "The Cobra Supernova"
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: As mentioned, their names were derived from Egyptian Mythology.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Amasis danced and wrestled.
- Salt and Pepper: Ophidian is Salt, Amasis is Pepper.
- The Sixth Ranger: Hieracon (Jonathan Gresham), as a result of In-Universe Executive Meddling by Evil Incompetent Director of Fun Wink Vavasseur.
- Sssssnaketalk: Ophidian talkssss like thissss at all timessss, oh yesss.
- Walk Like an Egyptian: Their gimmick was based on Egyptian Mythology, they used the Trope Namer as entrance music, and, at New Star Navigation, in CHIKARA Campeones de Parejas Incoherence (Delirious and Hallowicked)'s promo, Delirious acknowledged Amasis doing the dance.
- You Have Failed Me: They kicked Escorpion Egipcio off the team after they lost to The Future Is Now (Jimmy "Equinox" Olsen, Lince Dorado and Helios) at The Bobliographon on April 26, 2009. He never returned to CHIKARA.