- "Everybody wants to see the greatest show
Greater than anything that you know
Wanna be down with the clowns
The big oddity freak show's in town"
The Oddities were a Professional Wrestling Power Stable in WWE from 1998-1999. They debuted on the May 25, 1998 WWE Raw. The Jackyl walked to the ring with Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf and Crackhead Bob from The Howard Stern Show to announce the arrival of his Parade of Human Oddities, bringing out Golga, "Princess" Luna and Giant Silva, though not yet named as such. The group would add Kurrgan, who had been the Breakup Breakout from The Jackyl's previous faction The Truth Commission. Sable replaced The Jackyl as the leader as he was phased out, with the Insane Clown Posse joining as well and recording their theme song. The group slowly fell apart, with ICP turning heel on their way out of the company, and Luna and Sable both abandoning the group. By the end, the group was down to Kurrgan, Golga, Silva and George "The Animal" Steele. All four guys were released in early 1999.
"Everybody wants to see the greatest tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: The Headbangers, no one else comes close. The Oddities' first match was Golga defeating Thrasher, and no team went out of their way to make life harder for the Oddities than the Bangers.
- Badass Boast: From their theme song:"I'm a sideshow looney, watch me get nuts.
I do backflips out in fronta mad trucks
In high school the kids always gave us props
Cause I was 9 feet tall, and my boy's a Cyclops
I can swim shark-filled waters
Yeah, well I can chew nails and spit out quarters"
"We's a little bit twisted I'll gladly admit it
- The third verse adds:
I can unscrew my head off and shoot hoops with it"
- Beauty Contest: Kurrgan, dressed in a suit, sang the "Miss America" song for Luna on the June 8, 1998 Raw.
- The Big Guy: THREE of them.
- The Cameo: Hank and Bob.
- Circus of Fear/Creepy Circus Music/The Freakshow: Their original gimmick as Heels.
- Companion Cube: Golga carried around a Cartman plush doll.
- Cool Mask: Averted. Golga had to wear a mask because it was covering up a physical deformity.
- Cool Shades: George "The Animal" Steele wore them.
- David Versus Goliath: Absolutely inverted when they won.
- Happy Dance: Before their matches, followed by a Dance Party Ending when they won.
- High-School Dance: As part of their debut, The Jackyl introduced Luna as "The Prom Princess of the World Wrestling Federation," saying that her inner beauty transcends the attributes of a "Sunny or a Sable."
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kurrgan and Silva were around or over 7 feet tall, Golga was 6'7, all three were around 400 lbs. or more. Luna and Sable, not so much.
- Mouth of Sauron: The Jackyl, since Kurrgan, Golga and Silva didn't talk.
- OOC Is Serious Business: The Insane Clown Posse were supposed to face The Headbangers on the November 23 (taped November 17), 1998 Raw, but Violent J said that they weren't ready. Luna was so surprised by this that she spoke with her own voice, instead of the monster voice she'd been using for over a decade.
- Packed Hero: Steele debuted with the group by emerging from a big box.
- Ring Oldies: Steele started his career back in the 1960s.
- To the movie Freaks. The Jackyl lampshaded the film's message, though not by name, during The Oddities' debut, telling commentator Michael Cole, "These people are normal compared to people like you and Jim Ross."
- As part of the debut, The Jackyl got Crackhead Bob to say, "I'm as mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
- Video Full of Film Clips: The Oddities' entrance video featured clips from Freaks, starting with the words, "We wouldn't lie to you folks. We told you we had living breathing monstrosity."