Earthquake (John Tenta) and Typhoon (Fred Ottman) were a Professional Wrestling Tag Team as The Natural Disasters. On the June 15, 1991 WWF Superstars, Earthquake was a in a six-man tag match with The Nasty Boys against Tugboat and The Bushwhackers when Tugboat turned on his partners. He was reintroduced as Typhoon the following week. They would feud with The Bushwhackers and The Legion of Doom into early 1992 when they turned face against their manager "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart after he sided with Money Inc. ("The Million-Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster) as the team to defeat the LOD for the WWE World Tag Team Titles. The Disasters defeated Money Inc. for the belts on July 20, 1992 in a dark match at the taping for the August 8th WWF Superstars, and lost them back at the October 13th taping for the November 10th WWF Wrestling Challenge. They defeated George Takano and Shunji Takano for the SWS World Tag Team Titles at SWS THE BATTLE OF KINGS NIGHT I on April 17, 1992, and lost them the next night to Haku and Yoshiaki Yatsu. They split up in early 1993 when they both left WWE.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"THESE TROPES HAVE EXPERIENCED A NATURAL DISASTER!":
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of, well, an earthquake and a typhoon.
- Arch-Enemy: The Bushwhackers, The Legion of Doom, Money Inc.
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: As shown above, depending on whether they were Faces or Heels.
- The Cameo: At FOWnote Shoots & Ladders on April 29, 2000, they teamed with Bobby Rogers in a loss to Larry Lane and Suicidal Tendencies (Dennis Allen and Sean Allen).
- FaceHeel Turn: As acknowledged above, how the team formed in the first place.
- Fat Bastard/Big Fun: Again, depending on whether they were Faces or Heels.
- Finishing Move: Big splash by Typhoon, running sitdown splash by Earthquake.
- Leotard of Power: Both of them.
- Lightning Bruiser: They might not have looked it, but they were big, strong and could move around very well for two guys were over 800 lbs. combined.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Earthquake, Typhoon, The Natural Disasters
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: They teamed with I.R.S. against The Big Bossman and The Legion of Doom at Survivor Series 1991. I.R.S.' interference led to Bossman being the first one eliminated. I.R.S. tried again, and this time it led to Typhoon getting eliminated. The Disasters abandoned the match, leading to the LOD easily eliminating I.R.S. for the win.
- Took a Level in Badass: The heel turn and reinvention as Typhoon was a major step forward, and it was the best run he had in the business.
- Wrestling Monster: Earthquake had already established himself as this, and they were the rare team to pose a genuine threat to the seemingly unstoppable Legion of Doom.