The Colony are a Professional Wrestling Tag Team/Power Stable best known for their years in CHIKARA. They debuted as Team Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant) in a loss to Lancelot (Lance Steel and Lance Steel) at CHIKARA Tag World Grand Prix 2006 Night II on February 25, 2006. Worker Ant (I) joined late that year, leading to them being officially named The Colony. In 2008, Fire defeated Vin Gerard to win the CHIKARA Young Lions Cup. Fire and Soldier defeated CHIKARA Campeones de Parejas The Osirian Portal to win the belts in 2009 at Hiding in Plain Sight. Fire, Green (II) and Thief Ant won the 2018 King of Trios tournament, making Fire Ant the only wrestler in CHIKARA history to win King of Trios twice. assailANT also held the DAWG (Dangerous Adrenaline Wrestling Gladiators in New Jersey) Tag Team Titles with Joey Spades and the WiF! (Wrestling Is Fun!) Banana Title, that is a title represented by an actual banana. Silver Ant held the Forza Lucha Cup. Fire Ant is the WrestleJam Champion.
You can find the basics at Wikipedia.
"Tropes Go Marching":
- Action Dad/So My Kids Can Watch/The Atoner: In the final Ashes video, "Workin'", assailANT showed Green Ant a picture of his son on his phone and said that he was the reason for his change of heart and why he cut his ties with GEKIDO, that he didn't want his son to see a man "consumed with anger, jealousy or rage."
- Angrish: Fire Ant only spoke in grunts and growls for their first several years.
- Animal Motif: Take a guess.
- Arch-Enemy: Team F.I.S.T, easily. They have had many feuds over the years, but, that was the biggest.
- The Big Guy: Worker Ant (II) called himself "The Big Blue Bruiser of The Colony."
- Executive Meddling: In-Universe. Evil Incompetent Director of Fun Wink Vavasseur added assailANT of The Swarm (part of GEKIDO) to The Colony and switched Soldier Ant to The Swarm.
- Exact Words: At Aniversario?, Worker Ant cut a promo before his match with Hydra where he said that he was going to prove that Hydra couldn't wrestle his way "out of a wet paper bag." The finish had Worker Ant pull a paper bag out from under the ring, stuff it over Hydra's head, and pin him with a moonsault bodyblock.
- Finishing Move: The Ant Hill, The Antapult, Beach Break
- Jumping on a Grenade: At AniversarioCT, May 24, 2008, The Colony (Fire/Soldier/Worker) faced Team F.I.S.T. (Icarus/Gran Akuma/Chuck Taylor). Chuck Taylor pulled out a grenade and threw it on the mat in slow motion. Soldier pushed his partners out of the way and threw himself on the grenade and it exploded. Chuck Taylor dropped an elbow and went for the pin but Soldier kicked out at 2.
- Legacy Character:
- assailANT took on the mantle of Worker Ant starting in 2014. (Chuck Taylor retired the original in 2009).
- Green Ant (II), after the original, who renamed himself Silver Ant, retired in 2016.
- Parts Unknown: "The Ant Hill." Soldier for a time was billed from "Classified." Their weight was originally announced in milligrams.
- Red Baron:
- (Fire Ant): "The Hot Property," "The Energetic Insectoid Grappler"
- (Soldier Ant): "The Militant Mat Mite"
- (Green Ant): "The Resilient Rookie," "The Submission Specialist"
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Carpenter Ant, who was actually Pinkie Sanchez in disguise, after he unmasked as part of the BDK's formation at the 2009 Season Finale Three-Fisted Tales.
- Something Completely Different: Worker Ant (I) was the first Ant who could actually cut a promo, since Fire just growled and clicked, and Soldier rarely said anything more than "Sir! Yes Sir!"
- Summon Bigger Fish: While not official Colony members, they recruited Amasis of The Osirian Portal (as Pharaoh Ant), Missile Assault Man (formerly Missile Assault Ant of The Colony: Xtreme Force), Bullet Ant (formerly Arctic Rescue Ant of The C:XF) and even former traitor Pinkie Sanchez for a 14-man tag match against the heXed Men at No One's First, and You're Next on August 21, 2016, which the heXed Men won.
- Tattooed Crook: Thief Ant, whose arms are covered with tattoos.
- Token Evil Teammate: assailANT was originally this, until he turned tecnico.