They were initially feuding with each other, and their rivalry turned so hot they were forced to participate in the best-of-7 series to win a title shot, but Mick Foley forced them to team up with each other after what would've been the deciding 7th match ended in a no-contest. At first, they were bickering all the time, but eventually warmed up to each other. Since then, they became one of the flagship teams of the New Era, alongside rival team The New Day.
Unfortunately, after their involvement in WrestleMania 35, Sheamus picked up an injury, and the Superstar Shakeup sent Cesaro to Raw as a singles star, where he then announced that The Bar was over, splitting the team.
They are 4x Raw Tag Team Champions and 1x Smackdown Tag Team Champions.
These tropes don't set the bar, THEY ARE THE BAR!
- In 2017, The Hardy Boyz and The Shield.
- The New Day became their main rival team after they switched brands in 2018 until before Survivor Series, which ended with them winning the Tag Team championships.
- The Usos after Survivor Series 2018.
- In 2019, The Miz and Shane McMahon, culminating with this duo winning the SmackDown Tag Team titles.
- Author Appeal: The two of them are fans of Liverpool FC (going as so far as appearing at Liverpool matches), so some of their shirts are based on football jerseys, with a shield resembling that of the Reds.
- Bar Brawl: After time feuding with each other, Sheamus and Cesaro were forced into a tag team by Mick Foley. After weeks in it, the duo celebrate finally being able to go their own ways by hitting a bar. When accosted by thugs, the duo proceed to clean house.
- Bash Brothers: There's a reason why they're five-time tag team champions.
- Bullying a Dragon: They decided, alongside The Miz and his Miztourage, to team-up and pick on Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns, after hearing rumors about their iconic trio The Shield reforming, attempting to get into their heads. When Miz however decides to bring up said rumors, Reigns is happy to correct him on one thing...Roman Reigns: Who said anything about rumors?
[In quick succession, Ambrose and Rollins join him]
- Catchphrase: "We don't just set the bar, we ARE The Bar!"
- Combination Attack: A double White Noise, or occasionally a suplex into Sheamus's Brogue Kick.
- Determinator: At No Mercy 2017, during their WWE Raw Tag Team Championship rematch against Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, Ambrose at one point flipped Cesaro into the ring post... teeth-first, causing two front teeth to be jammed in about 2-3 inches and busting him open in the mouth. Did it stop him? Did it stop the match? Nope. He continued wrestling, taking all the planned bumps and spots in a pretty awesome and physical tag team encounter, to the shock of the commentators. This caused fans on Twitter to pick up the slack in regards to recognizing his toughness.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Before their first match, they took part on a 16-man elimination tag match.
- FaceHeel Turn: At Payback 2017, they viciously assaulted the Hardy Boyz after losing the tag title match to them.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Their team up started near the end of a very heated rivalry which included a best-of-7 series, with the seventh ending in a no-contest, so their early months had them bickering all the time. Eventually they warmed to each other and became one of the main duos of the WWE.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: In 2017 after they lost to Hardy Boyz at Payback 2017.
- Guest-Star Party Member:
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Their team-up with The Miz single-handedly brought back The Shield with unnecessary beatings first against Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins on August 14, 2017 (which ended up costing them the tag team titles at SummerSlam), then against Roman Reigns on October 2.
- Older Hero Versus Younger Villain: Their feud with the Hardy Boyz at Extreme Rules 2017 and Great Balls of Fire is the younger Bar against the older, more experienced Boyz.
- Punny Name: The event that saw them finally getting along was getting involved in a Bar Brawl in which they proceeded to clean house. Now look at their name.
- Put on a Bus: With Sheamus on the shelf getting his recurrent neck issues seen to, Cesaro has returned to singles work with a new entrance and intro theme, although in an interview Cesaro was hopeful they would be back together again in time.
- Shout-Out: Their entrance has them featuring a shortened version of the Fusion Dance.