George Stipich (1937-1997) was a Canadian Professional Wrestler who competed from 1958 to 1984. He started in Quebec and went on to win titles all over Canada and the U.S. as well as Australia. He is best known for defeating Pedro Morales for the WWWF World Heavyweight Title and losing it nine days later to Bruno Sammartino. He also was a 1x IWA (Australia) World Heavyweight Champion, a 6x NWA PNW (Pacific Northwest) Heavyweight Champion, an 8x NWA PNW Tag Team Champion, and a 1x Stampede North American Heavyweight Champion. He passed away in 1997 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2018.
As usual, you can find the basics about his career at The Other Wiki.
"Heart Punch Tropes"
- Alliterative Name: Stan Stasiak.
- Appropriated Appellation: Stan Stasiak was the name of a Canadian wrestler who died during a match in 1931.
- Canada, Eh?: He was born in Arvida, Quebec.
- Finishing Move: The Bear Hug, the Heart Punch
- Megaton Punch/One-Hit Kill: The whole idea behind the Heart Punch.
- Parts Unknown: "Buzzard Creek, OR"note
- Red Baron: "The Man", "The Crusher"
- Underwear of Power
- Wrestling Family: His son is former WWE and WCW wrestler, Shawn Stasiak.