Shane Storm is an American Professional Wrestler from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania best known for his work in CHIKARA. He debuted in 2004 and won the Young Lions Cup the following year. At The Sordid Perils of Everyday Existence on November 17, 2007, he defeated Hydra of UltraMantis Black's The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple when Hydra essentially sacrificed himself, ending Storm's losing streak. That same night, Chris Hero defeated Equinox (Vin Gerard) in a Mask vs. Hair match by breaking the CHIKARA Special and making Equinox tap out to the same move. It would slowly be revealed that Storm was the one who sold out the tecnicos by giving the counter to Mantis who gave it to Hero. This led to Storm turning rudo in September and becoming STIGMA and forming The UnStable with Gerard, later adding Colin Delaney. The group fell apart over 2010-2011. This ultimately led to the debut of Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes at the end of the 2009 Season Finale Three-Fisted Tales on November 22, 2009.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"Those Japanese Tropes":
- Alliterative Name: Shane Storm.
- The Brute: In The UnStable.
- The Bus Came Back: After disappearing from Chikara in 2012, participated in an 11 vs 11 match at National Pro Wrestling Day 2015 under his Shane Storm gimmick.
- Call-Back: Because of the need to unite the roster, STIGMA, of all people, was on Team CHIKARAnote for the Torneo Cibernetico against the BDKnote at The Dark Ciberknetico, October 23, 2010. He wore a Shane Storm mask on his way to the ring before removing it.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: When he quit the UnStable instead of starting something new he just vanished without explanation.
- Darker and Edgier: STIGMA. As Chikara was getting more serious in its characters and booking, Shane Storm began to stick out in a bad way, so they turned him heel and changed his gimmick.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Invoked when he left Vin Gerard and the UnStable.
- Evil Costume Switch: When he became STIGMA. Of course, no way was his Shane Storm get-up going to work as a Rudo.
- Finishing Move:
- (as Shane Storm): That Japanese Move (Shining Wizard)
- (as STIGMA): Stigmata (Tombstone Piledriver)
- I Did What I Had to Do: His explanation for why he gave UltraMantis Black the secret to the CHIKARA Special.
- Kudzu Plot: The fact that he and Mike Quackenbush had 3 points towards a shot at the Campeonatos de Parejas that they never cashed in because Quack attacked him before the match started. Like a less-lame version of WCW's "white hummer angle"note it would get mentioned semi-regularly but nothing would ever happen towards resolving it. It was resolved when, after Chikara reopened in 2014, the points record for the Campeonatos was reset.
- Non-Ironic Clown: Well, his mask as Shane Storm certainly looked the part at least.
- Parts Unknown: (as Shane Storm): "The Pennsylvania Turnpike"
- Put on a Bus: Lost a match (with the UnStable) against 3.0 where the losing team would be forced to break up. He can be seen most often in Grand Slam Wrestling under his Shane Storm gimmick.
- Rule of Funny: As Storm he carries around a STOP/SLOW sign, forcing his opponent to either stand in place for an indefinite amount of time or move in slow motion.
- Tag Team: (as Shane Storm), Men @ Work, w/Mr. Zero
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Originally a unionized traffic regulator.
- You Gotta Have Blue '80s Hair: His masks as Shane Storm had different-colored mullets.