Satoshi Kojima (b. 1970) is a Japanese professional wrestler from Koto, Tokyo. Trained by Animal Hamaguchi in 1990, Kojima started his career in New Japan Pro-Wrestling dojo in February of 1991, debuting in his first match September of that year. In 1994, he won the Young Lions Cup without losing any of his matches. In 1998, Kojima joined nWo Japan where he first formed the long time Tag Team Tencozy (or TenKoji) with Hiroyoshi Tenzan.
In 2002, Kojima jumped ship to All Japan Pro Wrestling where he became Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion twice. During his second reign, he beat Tenzan for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in a cross-pormotional event with New Japan. Kojima became the first wrestler to hold both titles similtaniously. In 2008, Tenzan and Kojima became the first tag team to ever win G1 Tag League and World's Strongest Tag Determination League in the same year.
Kojima's other accolades includes several tag team title reigns. These include winning the IWGP Tag Team Championship 6 times (five times with Tenzan, once with Manabu Nanakishi), the All Japan's World Tag Team Championship 3 times (once each with Taiyō Kea, Kaz Hayashi and TARU), the All Asia Tag Team Championship once (with Shiryu) and the NWA World Tag Team Championship once (with Tenzan).
He's also pretty fond of bread.
As always, you can find more info at The Other Wiki.
"Most Strongest Tropes":
- A Lighter Shade of Grey: Kojimagun were starting to get fan support and were collectively better liked than their usurper, Suzukigun.
- Always Someone Better: MVP had a surprisingly effective run in New Japan, beating several of the best wrestlers in the world, including a few Kojima himself had some trouble with, often on Kojima's behalf, and becoming the inaugural IWGP Intercontinental Champion. However, whenever MVP and Kojima went at it themselves, Satoshi always won, and Tencozy also beat Black Dynamite.
- Asian Rudeness: During a match with Homicide in Ring of Honor claimed he couldn't understand what the referee was trying to tell him, every time the ref tried explain the rules he continued to break because "I'm Japanese, goddammit!"
- Badass Long Coat: Multicolored, shiny on the inside, furry on the back,
- Badass Cape: An orange sleeved cape
- Bash Brothers: With Hiroyoshi Tenzan, his long time tag partner.
- Captain Ersatz: He's had them in Fire Pro Wrestling since at least 2001.
- Cloudcuckoolander: His promos are sometimes a bit bizarre, or even childish. He threatened Shinya Hashimoto by doing a draw of him crying and simulating he gave a lariat to the paper, and later showed that his training methods for the match were taking naps in a park.
- Extends to his social media presence, where he frequently expresses a fondness for bread.
- Costume Porn: Just skim through his various entrance attires, those things are obviously labors of love. His psychedelic ring gear isn't bad either.
- Department of Redundancy Department: After watching Jay Lethal defend the ROH World Title against Michael Elgin at Wrestle Kingdom, Kojima decided he wanted to win the belt and tour the United States with it to prove "Puroresu wrestlers are stronger than you!" He even gave his spot in the G-1 Climax to Hiroyoshi Tenzan for it.
- Facial Markings: Well, a re breather
- Finishing Move: Cozy Lariat, Cozy Cutter and CCD
- Multicolored Hair: He's multiple shades of brunette at once
- Opposing Combat Philosophies: He looked down Osamu Nishimura's almost religious Muga, as he thought that pro wrestling has no right or wrong way. And because he liked the AJPW "lariat puroresu", of course.
- Power Stable: The nWo, Team 2000 and Kojimagun.
- Power Trio: Joined with Matt Sydal and Ricochet to beat Bullet Club Elite for the NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles, becoming the longest reigning champions up to that point.
- Screaming Warrior: What he shouts before he hits you with his Cozy Lariat translates to "Here I come you bastard!!"
- Sadist Teacher: Had a reputation for being one in All Japan.
- Tag Team
- Tencozy, him and Hiroyoshi Tenzan
- The Bull Powers with Manabu Nakanishi
- Theatrics of Pain: He sells offense pretty well but long term limb damage isn't really something he's prone to show much of, not that this discourages many from trying to take away his lariats through arm work but it probably won't work unless they also have an arm based finishing move.
- Underwear of Power
- Versus Title: NWA Houston Carson vs. Kojima, main event being Kojima's World Title defense but it wasn't the only match on the card.