Born Prince Nana Osei Bandoh, Prince Nana is an American-born Ghanian-raised Professional Wrestler and manager best known for his work for Ring of Honor. He debuted in 1997 and worked primarily for Northeastern independents.
Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former ECWA Heavyweight Champion, a former 2x ECWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion, a former Cyberspace (New Jersey) Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champion with Sonjay Dutt as The United Nations, and a former NYWC Tag Team Champion with Mega as The Foreign Legion.
Kofi Kingston does not work for him, no matter what Matt Striker told you.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Ascended Extra: Did a couple of jobs on WWE's Jakked for Steve Blackman and for Crash Holly in 2001.
- Ass Kicks You: Running hip attack to the midsection in the corner
- Beard of Evil: A carefully groomed one, with many of the Embassy getting similar cuts.
- By the Hair: Drug Daizee Haze in this manner to lure Generation Next members Matt Sydal and Roderick Strong into an ambush, them not knowing Haze was an Embassy mole.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Took in the Outcast Killahs after defeating Diablo Santiago
- Dirty Coward: He prefers to attack from behind or by proxy and will usually flee from direct confrontation or backpedal while spewing threats.
- Evil Foreigner: Downplayed. While he claims to be Ashanti royalty and has lived in Ghana since he was a child, he is still a US citizen. All of his crown jewels have been citizens as well, even the Sicilian Ciampa.
- Evil Minion: While Stokely Hathaway and Veda Scott could wrestle, that wasn't really their role. The "fourth" incarnation of the Embassy was basically Moose nation with Nana as a figurehead.
- Evil Prince: The people of his nation are over taxed to maintain his lifestyle. This came to an end in 2008.
- Finishing Move: Double under hook suplex or double under hook DDT.
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers: Sometimes has yellow feathers sown into his sleeves
- Gem-Encrusted: Most of his outfits that aren't simple business suits
- Humiliating Wager: He and Joey Ryan lost a beard vs. beard match to Necro Butcher and Grizzly Redwood.
- "London, England" Syndrome: He is billed from Ghana, West Africa
- Malevolent Masked Men: The Weapons Of MASK DESTRUCTION, who were initially a Tag Team put together to defeat Jay Lethal, then a power trio intended to win an ROH tournament.
- Misplaced Retribution: After regaining his money through Barack Obama's stimulus package, he spent it hiring Bison Smith and sending him after ROH wrestlers in revenge for the promotion's refusal to rehire him while he was broke.
- Name of Power: After Jimmy Rave was banned from using the Styles Clash on ROH shows, Rave started using Angel Williams's divine crusher, calling it "Greetings From Ghana". This was a Take That! to CM Punk, as it has the same startup as Punk's "Welcome To Chicago Motherfucker" but it was more obviously a compliment to Nana, who also uses moves that start with a double under hook.
- Nice Hat: Adorned with several golden crosses. He temporarily lost this crown when he lost the rest of his fortune.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: His recruitment of Donovan Dijak did not just lead to the dismantling of the second ROH House Of Truth, but it eventually lead to every member of that House Of Truth not named Taeler Hendrix undergoing a HeelFace Turn.
- Perky Female Minion: Angel Williams, Vanessa Harding
- Power Stable: The Embassy, the various incarnations of which have included, among others, Daizee Haze, Claudio Castagnoli, R.D. Evans, Necro Butcher, Angel Williams, Joey Ryan, Rhino, Abyss, Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley and Shawn Daivari.
- Rich Bastard: Gladly uses his royal authority to pad his pocket book so his wrestlers can indulge in life's finer aspects.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He's a foreign ruler who worked as a manager in an American wrestling promotion.
- Squash Match: Squashed Eric Tuttle on the very first ROH show, leading Tuttle to take Nana up as a Tag Team partner.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: He did end up leaving in 2006 but after losing his riches in 2008 he kept crashing ROH shows begging for a job despite being drug away by security three times.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Shrimp cocktail
- Unknown Rival: Back in the wider NWA, it was Nigerian Prince Kanu, who was very easy to set off just by mentioning Nana, and would frequently be unfavorably compared to Nana once this was discovered. All Nana had to say about him is not getting in Nana's way, which wasn't even directed at Kanu directly but in response to other managers being around the area that weekend. Nana likely had no idea who he was. That said, Kanu's more known for his fine print contracts to Nana's bribes and consolidation, they have little reason to overlap.
- Verbal Tic: "Hah?"
- Villain with Good Publicity: While strictly serving as a commentator in ROH Nana was still looking for ways to cause trouble, his good behavior was simply not finding anything he felt was worth the effort. And Nana was the same meddling coward he had always been while managing Dijak. It was simply Truth Martini being against a solidly baby face Dijak and Nana being in Dijak's corner that made Nana look good.
- Where Da White Women At?: When Angel Williams was in the Embassy, it was cool, for the most part. When Jade Chung was in, she was a footstool. When Daizee Haze was acquired, she was treated a goddess as Chung was expunged from the group.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Wrestler, manager, talent scout, commentator, he kept finding someway to stick around.
- You Fool!: He's repeatedly announced a possible departure for a brighter future in WWE and let those who bothered to listen know they were fools!