Paul Ellering (b. August 22, 1953) is an American Professional Wrestling manager and former wrestler. He debuted in 1978 and wrestled for the American Wrestling Association, various National Wrestling Alliance promotions, the CWA (Memphis) and in Japan. He is best known as the manager for The Road Warriors.
As for his in-ring achievements, he is a former AWA Southern (Memphis) Heavyweight Champion, a former AWA Southern (Memphis) Tag Team Champion with Sheik Ali Hassan, a former IWE IWA (Japan) World Tag Team Champion with Terry Latham, and he and The Road Warriors were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. In 1984, Pro Wrestling Illustrated named him "Manager of the Year."
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Action Survivor: A wrestler who found his biggest success as a manager.
- American Newspapers: Carried copies of The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal with him to the ring in Georgia.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: He and the Road Warriors were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011.
- Badass Mustache: As shown above.
- Bald of Awesome/Bald of Evil: Face and Heel respectively in the late '90s.
- The Bus Came Back: When he was reintroduced as the manager of The Authors of Pain in WWE NXT.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Dressed like Uncle Sam when they started in Georgia.
- Cool Shades: As shown above.
- Gorgeous George: He glammed up during his wrestling days.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: In Real Life, Ellering personally booked The Road Warriors' matches, scheduled their flights, set up hotel reservations, and kept track of expenses. Since he had been a wrestler before this, and is a member of MENSA, he absolutely qualifies for Genius Bruiser.
- Power Stable:
- (as a wrestler): The First Family, in Memphis
- (as a manager): The original Legion of Doom, in Georgia.
- Red Baron: "Precious" and "Mr. DotCom".
- Ventriloquism: Rocco, a dummy he carried around briefly in 1992.
- Wrestling Family: His daughter Rachael, who competes for NXT as Rachael Evers.