He debuted in 1981 as Klondike Mike in Vancouver All-Star Wrestling and spent years in Stampede as Makhan Singh. He arrived in the NWA/WCW in 1989 as Norman the Lunatic, later dropping the gimmick to become Trucker Norm. As Norman the Lunatic, he made his PPV debut with a win over Cactus Jack at WrestleWar 1990: Wild Thing, on February 6, 1990. He also worked as Makhan Singh for the Global Wrestling Federation in Dallas in 1991. He had a brief run in WWE as Bastion Booger, before returning to the independents. He died in 2010.
As for his in-ring achievements, he was a 2x NWA (Vancouver) Canadian Tag Team Champion as Klondike Mike (1x w/Danny O and 1x/Dean Ho), a 3x Stampede North American Heavyweight Champion as Makhan Singh and a 2x Stampede International Tag Team Champion (1x w/Jerry Morrow and 1x w/Vokhan Singh [Gary Albright]).
"Trope to the Batcave"
- Alliterative Name: Bastion Booger, Friar Ferguson, Man Mountain Mike.
- Ass Kicks You: His Finishing Move as Bastion Booger was a sit-down splash called "Trip to the Batcave".
- Bald of Evil: As Bastion Booger he was completely bald and wasn't exactly a good guy.
- Badass Preacher: What WWE was likely going for with Friar Ferguson, who as his name indicates, was a wrestling friar.
- Bathroom Brawl: His Falls Count Anywhere with Kevin Sullivan at Clash of the Champions X ended with them brawling in the bathroom.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Essentially disappeared from TV in April 1994 with no explanation given.
- Cloudcuckoolander: As Norman the Lunatic.
- Companion Cube: Carried a Teddy Bear around.
- Fat Bastard: As a heel.
- Fat Slob: Basically the entirety of the Bastion Booger gimmick was that he was a fat, disgusting slop who was sloppy and gluttonous.
- Funny Background Event: While Teddy Long cut his "Norman didn't do it! Don't blame Norman!" promo, Norman in the background had put a garbage pail over his head and was tapping it with a hammer.
- HeelFace Turn: Norman the Lunatic switched from being managed by Teddy Long to teaming with The Road Warriors.
- I Have Many Names: It's a Long List: Klondike Mike, Makhan Singh, Bastion Booger, Norman The Lunatic, Trucker Norm, Friar Ferguson, Man Mountain Mike, Mike Stryker, Aaron Grundy, Big Ben Sharpe, Cousin Mike, and his own.
- Institutional pparel: Wore pajamas from a mental hospital as Norman the Lunatic.
- Jabba Table Manners: Given that Bastion Booger was a Heel by default, he had bad table manners to emphasize his baddie status.
- Jobber: He lost his TV debut match to Virgil of all people.
- Noodle Incident: Teddy Long once cut a promo where he said, "Norman didn't do it! Don't blame Norman!" Whatever Norman did was never specified.
- Parts Unknown: As Norman the Lunatic, he was billed from the "State Hospital".
- Power Stable:
- Squash Match: Norman debuted this way, flattening Mike Justice in 47 seconds at NWA's Clash of the Champions VII.
- Unrelated Brothers: As Aaron Grundy, to Solomon Grundy in Mexico.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling trucker as Trucker Norm. "Captain" Mike Rotunda explained that Norman the Lunatic and Trucker Norm were the same person; Norman's father, a trucker, had died, and so Norm was taking up the role himself in tribute.