Joe Padilla is an American Professional Wrestler from New York City best known for his work for CHIKARA as Juan Francisco de Coronado. He debuted in 2008 as Johnny Ego and wrestled under that name in various Pennsylvania independents until 2012, when he started the de Coronado gimmick. He kept that name until National Pro Wrestling Day 2019 on February 10, 2019, when he learned that Ecuador had "revoked" his citizenship due to not paying his taxes for ten years.
Along with his reign as CHIKARA Grand Champion, he is a former EPWE Underground Tag Team Champion as Johnny Ego with RB Banks (better known as Missile Assault Man) as The Young Aces, the fifth and last WiF! Banana Champion, that is, a title that was represented by an actual banana and the inaugural PWM (Pro Wrestling Magic) Champion.
"My name is Juan Francisco de Coronado, and these are my tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
- Badass Mustache/Beard of Evil: As seen above, at all times.
- The Cameo: Appeared on Smackdown as half of a jobber tag team being fed to the Bludgeon Brothers.
- The Chew Toy: Icarus' successor to this trope, as he quickly established himself as one of CHIKARA's most hated luchadors. People would actually walk out of the venue during his Wrestling is Fun! promos.
- Finishing Move: German Suplex, Coronado Clutch
- Foreign Wrestling Rudo: From Ecuador, until he got kicked out.
- Fun with Subtitles: He would cut promos in English with Spanish subtitles. At Happily Ever After, one of the events of the "lost" Season 17, he told viewers to read the subtitles.
- Immigrant Patriotism: "Losing" his Ecuadorian citizenship turned him into an American Flag-waving Face named John Francis of Coronado.
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya: Starts every promo dramatically proclaiming, "My name is Juan Francisco de Coronado."
- Power Stable:
- The United Nations, with Mr. Azerbaijan, The Proletariat Boar of Moldova and Prakash Sabar
- The Regime, with The Closers (Rick Roland and Sloan Caprice)
- Red Baron: "The Ecuadorian Aristocrat", until he got kicked out of Ecuador.
- Riches to Rags: After getting kicked out of Ecuador, to the point of dropping his haughty demeanor and changing his name.
- Small Name, Big Ego: "I sold out the Ecuadome!"
- The Stateless: Became this at National Pro Wrestling Day 2019, as his failure to pay a decade's worth of taxes resulted in his Ecuadorian citizenship being revoked.
- Tag Team: The Young Aces
- Tournament Arc: At PWM Ascendio! on September 18, 2015, he defeated Dave Davis in the final of the tournament to crown the inaugural PWM Champion.
- Ur-Example: At Excellence The Inaugural Brawl, February 8, 2014, he defeated Icarus in the first match in Excellence Professional Wrestling history.
- Villainous Friendship: Had one with the Proletariat Boar of Moldova before they fell out over the United Nations' losing streak. Quickly developed one with Wani until the latter's departure, and later attached himself to the Closers until he couldn't pay them enough.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: He'd wear a bow tie with the colors of the Ecuadorian Flag.