Ed McGuckin (b. December 16, 1983) is an American Professional Wrestler known for his work in CHIKARA as Jigsaw. He debuted in 2002 as a rudo, later turning tecnico. He has also wrestled for Ring of Honor, CZW, Pro Wrestling Guerilla and many other promotions.
Along with his Young Lions Cup win, he is a former 2x CHIKARA Campeon de Parejas (1x w/Mike Quackenbush and 1 w/The Shard (John Silver) as Pieces of Hate), a former CZW World Junior Heavyweight Champion, a former FWE Tag Team Champion with Tony Nese, a 2x HOPE King of Flights Champion, he won the inaugural Torneo Cibernetico in 2004, he, Quack and Shane Storm won the inaugural CHIKARA King of Trios tournament in 2007, and he and The Shard won the 2013 Tag World Grand Prix.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
He has nothing to do with Jigsaw.
"A Trope Inside An Enigma":
- Brainwashed: Unconfirmed but possibly the reason for his sudden turn to the side of Nazmaldun.
- The Cameo: Made some appearances for TNA in 2012, 2013 and 2014 as "Rubix."
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: As of 2017, removed from the Chikara roster without anything in the way of explanation.
- Finishing Move: Jig N' Tonic (Belly to back piledriver)
- Hazy Feel Turn: Mid 2014, left GEKIDO and The Flood rather than beat up his brother, but without returning to CHIKARA, only declaring that he was going to "find his own way."
- Green-Eyed Monster: His motivation for turning on Quackenbush at the end of Season 12.
- The Hero: Of 2004 against Larry Sweeney.
- The Lancer: To Quack from his mid-2000s return to Chikara until backstabbing him to join GEKIDO in 2012.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: In 2004.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Jigsaw turned on Quack in late 2012 after Quack started trying to injure the GEKIDO wrestlers, saying that they need guidance not broken bones. Although Jig's point is acknowledged even by the tecnicos to have some merit, in his first match post-turn he wrestled as a pure Rudo. Also, it's been speculated that the reason he gave was just to cover up the real reason he turned - he was tired of being Quackenbush's Lancer and wanted to become the Quackenbush of GEKIDO.
- Motive Decay: Although his stated reason for turning heel was disagreement with Quack's method of handling the GEKIDO and the implied reason was jealousy, after turning he doesn't seem to have any particular motivations other than Be A Heel For the Evulz.
- Parts Unknown: "The Bermuda Triangle"
- Power Stable:
- (in CHIKARA): The Future Is Now, GEKIDO, The Flood and The heXed Men
- (in Dragon Gate USA): CHIKARA Sekigun
- (in Ring of Honor): Vulture Squad
- Portmanteau: His team with Mike Quackenbush was nicknamed QuackSaw, and his team with Shane Storm was ShaneSaw.
- Power Trio: The Toxic Trio, with Eddie Kingston and Blackjack Marciano
- Red Baron: "A Wrestling Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In September 2014, he left GEKIDO and The Flood rather than beat up his brother Jolly Roger, but without returning to CHIKARA, only declaring that he was going to "find his own way". Didn't appear in anything CHIKARA-related from then until December 2015, when he appeared in a Top Banana hype video, then disappeared again 'til May 2016, where he made his return during the Infinite Gauntlet.
- Tag Team:
- The Conundrum, with Rorschach
- Pieces of Hate, with The Shard
- What the Hell, Hero?: Invoked by Jigsaw against Quackenbush during the feud with GEKIDO.
- Wrestling Family: His brother is Jolly Roger. This wasn't really acknowledged until 2014 and the aforementioned situation where Jigsaw quit The Flood rather than beat up Roger.