Jason the Terrible is a Professional Wrestling gimmick that debuted in Stampede Wrestling in the late 1980s. Booker Bruce Hart based the gimmick on Jason Voorhees of the Friday the 13th horror movie series. The first guy to do the gimmick was Karl "Butch" Moffat. Jason was originally a monster heel, until he got over enough to be turned face. Moffat was forced into temporary retirement after suffering a broken leg while traveling in a car with Davey Boy Smith and Chris Benoit on July 4, 1989. The gimmick was taken up by Roberto Rodriguez in the WWC in Puerto Rico and in the hardcore promotions IWA Japan and Big Japan Pro Wrestling, and has been used by other wrestlers in other promotions.
You can find the basics about Moffat's career at Wikipedia.
"LUKE IS ANGRY ABOUT THESE TROPES!"
- Ax-Crazy/Cloudcuckoolander: Jason and Zodiak (Barry Orton), respectively. Zodiak would cut bizarre promos threatening all kinds of terrible demises for their opponents with frequent use of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness and talk about the importance of keeping the Almighty Luke happy
- An Ax To Grind: Jason carried one around.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Subverted. Revealed to have black eyes under his mask in W*ING, but he was still a Face there.
- Captain Ersatz/Writing Around Trademarks: For Jason Voorhees.
- Cheap Pop: Carried a Japanese flag to the ring for his Undertaker Casket Death Match with Leatherface (Rick Patterson), W*ING One Night, One Soul.
- Cosmic Entity: The Almighty Luke seemed to be one of these, and Jason was told at times to bow to Luke.
- Cult: In some of their early promos, Zodiak referred to himself and Jason as the Cult.
- Facial Markings: Under his mask in W*ING.
- Finishing Move: As mentioned under Use Your Head below, the original used a diving headbutt. Jason in Japan used a Northern Lights Bomb.
- Garbage Wrestler: In WWC, IWA Japan, W*ING and Big Japan.
- In the Hood: The Zodiak, as shown above.
- Inherently Funny Words: The Zodiak once threatened to "discombobulate" Owen Hart.
- Legacy Character: There have been many Jasons since 1988, and the influence on Kane and TNA's Abyss can't be ignored.
- Legion of Doom: In one promo, the Zodiak referred to himself and Jason as the Legion of Doom.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Both of them.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Yes.
- Non-Indicative Name: Jason's first manager in Stampede was a black man named Judah Rosenbloom.
- Our Demons Are Different: In one promo, the Zodiak called Jason "the ultimate demon."
- Our Zombies Are Different: While Jason Voorhees was a Revenant Zombie, it was never specified that Jason the Terrible was supposed to be a zombie. However, he No-Sold a lot and did sit-ups similar to those done by The Undertaker.
- Parts Unknown: "Camp Crystal Lake," of course.
- Significant Birth Date: In one promo, the Zodiak mentioned that Jason would be in a match on, what else, Friday the 13th, saying it was Jason the Terrible's birthday.
- Use Your Head: In Stampede, Jason used a diving headbutt as his Finishing Move, with his hard mask adding to the impact.
- The Voiceless: In Stampede. Jason would grunt and roar but never actually speak. Later versions in Japan did cut promos, though.
- Waxing Lyrical: The Zodiak once started a promo by quoting the first several verses of The Doors' "Celebration of the Lizard."
- White Mask of Doom: Of course.
- Wrestling Family: Barry Orton is Cowboy Bob Orton Jr.'s brother and Randy Orton's uncle.
- Wrestling Monster: Yes.