Henry Faggart (1930-2013) was an American Professional Wrestler and trainer from Concord, North Carolina as Jackie Fargo. He is best known for his work from the 1950s through the early 1980s in the Memphis and Alabama territories, though he and Don Fargo broke attendance records with their match against Antonino Rocca and Miguel Perez at Madison Square Garden in 1957. He is credited with introducing tables and chairs into the Southern brawling style in Memphis. He also trained Memphis' all-time #1 star, Jerry "The King" Lawler and, in the storyline, put together Steve Keirn and Stan Lane as The Fabulous Ones. He retired in 1984, though he had a few comeback matches in 1985 and 1991, and teamed up with Lane and Cory Macklin to defeat Lawler and The Rock 'n' Roll Express at "Memphis Wrestling Throwback Night III- A Nightmare in Memphis" on October 30, 2004. Along with other National Wrestling Alliance legends, he appeared at NWA TNA #1 on June 19, 2002. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 15x NWA World (Mid-America) Tag Team Champion, a 22x Southern (Memphis) Tag Team Champion and a 1x NWA (Georgia) World Tag Team Champion. He also originated the "Fargo Strut" later brought national by Ric Flair and used by the Fabulous Ones and, later, Jeff Jarrett. He was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996. He died of heart failure at the age of 82 on June 24, 2013.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"The Fabulous Fargo Tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: "Nightmare" Danny Davis, the Blonde Bombers (Wayne Farris [later the Honky Tonk Man] and Larry Latham [later Moondog Spot]), "Crazy" Luke Graham, Don Duffy, Jimmy Hart.
- Bash Brothers: With Sonny and Don Fargo, Jerry Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Tojo Yamamoto, the Fabulous Ones
- Chairman of the Brawl: Introduced this to the Memphis style.
- Expy/Legacy Character: The Fabulous Ones.
- Lawler qualifies too, since he took a lot of mannerisms, particularly his big comeback, from Fargo.
- Finishing Move: Atomic Drop, Forearm Smash, Knee Drop
- Precision F-Strike: Once during a six-man-tag where he teamed with Lawler and "Superstar" Bill Dundee (who he also trained) against the Blonde Bombers and Pete Austin, he shouted "You son of a bitch!"
- Red Baron: "The Fabulous One"
- Ring Oldies: He was fully active until 1984, from there he was semi-active until 2006
- Tag Team: The Fargo Brothers, with Don, Sonny (aka Roughhouse or Nuthouse), Johnny (Greg Valentine), and Joe.
- Unfortunate Name: His real last name was Faggart.
- Unrelated Brothers: With Don, Johnny and Joe.
- Wrestling Family: With Sonny (real first name Jack.)
- Wild Man: His original ring name was "Wild Man Fargo."