Edward F. Gossett (January 15, 1930 January 21, 1985) was an American Professional Wrestler, booker, promoter, and executive as Eddie Graham. He debuted in 1947 as Rip Rogers before adopting the Eddie Graham name in 1958. He and Dr. Jerry Graham were 4x WWWF United States Tag Team Champions. Although he would compete for a variety of territories, he is best known for his work in Florida, where he was the booker and promoter. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 1x JWA All Asia Tag team Champion with Killer Karl Kox, an 8x NWA World (Florida) Tag Team Champion and a 4x NWA Southern (Florida) Heavyweight Champion. Sadly, he committed suicide on January 21, 1985. He was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996 and into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Alliterative Name: As Rip Rogers.
- Arch-Enemy: Professor Boris Malenko, Mark Lewin
- Finishing Move: Atomic Drop
- Megaton Punch: Gordon Solie said that Graham had "the hardest punch in wrestling."
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: As the booker in Florida, and he was the President of the National Wrestling Alliance from 1976-1978.
- Unrelated Brothers: Twice in his career. As Rip Rogers, he was pushed as the "brother" of Buddy Rogers. As Eddie Graham, he was part of the Kayfabe Graham "family," with Dr. Jerry, "Crazy" Luke Graham and "Superstar" Billy Graham.
- Wrestling Family: His son Mike.