Along with his Wrestlepalooza title reign, he is a former 3x MPW Cruiserweight Champion, a former, and the first-ever, MPW Universal Champion, a 2x IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion, a former NIW Heavyweight Champion, a former 3XW Cruiserweight Champion, a former CHIKARA Young Lions Cup Champion, a former 2x AAW Heritage Champion, a former 3XW Pure Wrestling Champion, a former AAW Tag Team Champion with Jimmy Jacobs, a former DREAMWAVE Alternative Champion, a former DREAMWAVE Tag Team Champion with Darin Corbin as Team ACDC, and a former PWP Heavyweight Champion. He is one-half of the SDW Tag Team Champions with A.J. LaRock and is the HOW Undisputed Champion.
- '80s Hair: A Punk Rock Mohawk.
- Abhorrent Admirer: For Heidi Lovelace, since he gave her Kisses Of Distraction in a variety of promotions. In Heidi's final CHIKARA promo, before her match with Cannon at CHIKARA White Rabbit, she even speculates that Cannon might have a "secret crush" and that it might have been the reason why he held back during their matches.
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: Depending on his face/heel alignment at the time.
- Bomb Throwing Anarchist: This was his gimmick, although he didn't actually throw bombs.
- The Brute: Like most gaijin heels, ended up as this in the heel stable - at the time Cannon was in Dragon Gate, that was the Muscle Outlawz.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To the Kool-Aid Man
- Delinquent Hair: A mohawk to rival Yasushi Kanda's classic one from his M2K days.
- Finishing Move: Anarchist Hammer, Glimmering Warlock, Total Anarchy
- Hillbilly Moonshiner: As a member of The Moonshinin' Men Of Appalachia in Olde Wrestling.
- Jobber: In a funny way. Cannon had gone to Japan to work for a different promotion, and that fell through. He went to Dragon Gate, who said they could use him, but because the writing for the shows was finished, they couldn't let him win any matches. Cannon said that was fine. As such, he was presented as a beast and mauled the faces before getting pinned in almost every match he participated in. They gave him a couple wins at the very end of his run.
- One Steve Limit: He and Arik Royal were in Pro Wrestling Guerilla at the same time.
- Power Stable:
- Stout Strength: Pudgy and soft around the edges, but able to execute power moves on pretty much any face on the roster.
- Tag Team: AC/DC, with Darin Corbin
- Tournament Arc: He and Claudio Castagnoli defeated The SuperFriends (Mike Quackenbush and Chris Hero) to win Tag World Grand Prix 2005 when Hero went rudo on Quack, leading to the formation of the KOW.
- He defeated Cheech in the final of Young Lions Cup IV.
- On April 1, 2011, he defeated Jimmy Rave to win the "Breakout Challenge" at DGUSA Open The Southern Gate.