Raymond John Leppan (born 20 July 1979) is a retired South African professional wrestler best known for his time with WWE where he performed under the ring name Adam Rose. He is a former two-time FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion under the ring name Leo Kruger.
A veteran of the South African professional wrestling scene, Leppan first grabbed the attention of WWE in early 2010. He was sent immediately to FCW where he was given the ring name of Leo Kruger, a reference to former South African president and distant relative Paul Kruger. Kruger spent his first year in FCW as a midcarder before being sidelined by a neck injury.
Kruger returned to FCW in 2011 and proceeded to win the vacant FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship by defeating Husky Harris, Damien Sandow, and Dean Ambrose. He lost the title to Mike Dalton in earily 2012, regaining it briefly a few weeks later only to drop it immediately to Seth Rollins. When FCW evolved into the modern day WWE NXT, Kruger adopted the gimmick of a deranged bounty hunter similar to Spider-Man supervillain Kraven. Unfortunately, the gimmick went nowhere and Kruger was completely repackaged into Adam Rose, a Russell Brand-esque party animal.
Rose joined the main roster in 2014 as a face, being accompanied to the ring by the "Exotic Express". Rose remained a staple of the midcard and even formed a tag team with the incredibly popular bunny (played by fellow South African wrester Justin Gabriel). After the Bunny began to upstage him in popularity, a jealous Rose turned on him. The newly-heel Rose began to show a bullying attitude to both the Bunny and the rest of the Exotic Express. This gimmick also went nowhere, and Rose was soon repackaged as part of the "Social Outcasts" alongside Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas and Heath Slater.
On 16 April 2016, Leppan was taken off TV and suspended for 60 days for a violation of WWE's Wellness Policy. On 11 May, he was arrested for domestic violence and tampering with a witness, and as a result, WWE suspended him indefinitely. He was eventually released by the company later that month.
Afterward, Leppan went on to wrestle on the independent circuit, under the name Aldo Rose. He played his final match on June 14, 2019, for Atomic Revolutionary Wrestling, after which he retired.
"The Ultimate Party Tropes":
- Ax-Crazy: His former gimmick Leo Kruger, before the change to Adam Rose, on NXT.
- Arch-Enemy: Camacho on NXT and Jack Swagger (and Zeb Colter) on Raw.
- Beard of Evil: As Leo Kruger, now shaved into a soul patch for the more benevolent Adam Rose, though it has filled out quite a bit.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt or otherwise try to fuck with his Exotic Express.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He normally prances around grinning like a moron. If he isn't, you're in for a world of hurt.
- Blood Knight: As Kruger.
- Boring Yet Practical: Used a sleeper hold as his Finishing Move in FCW.
- British Rockstar: As Adam Rose.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: One of the members of his entourage is a guy in a bunny suit. The Bunny has already ascended to Ensemble Dark Horse status, with the Running Gag on The JBL and Cole Show being everybody trying to confirm that The Bunny is, in fact, Zack Ryder.
- Camp Straight: As Rose.
- Catchphrase: "It's party time, ALL THE TIME." "Don't be a lemon, be a rosebud!"
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Rose.
- Early-Bird Cameo: His line of Rosebuds included Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Braun Strowman, Bull Dempsey, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Deonna Purrazzo, Kalisto of the Lucha Dragons/Lucha House Party, Leva Bates, Mia Yim, Nikki Cross, Scarlett Bordeaux, Simon Gotch of the Vaudevillains, Solomon Crowe, Taeler Hendrix, TNA's Tessa Blanchard (daughter of Tully Blanchard), Tucker Knight of Heavy Machinery and Zelina Vega. Few other wrestlers assembled such a line of talent in a single promotion.
- Egomaniac Hunter: As Kruger.
- Fan Community Nickname: "Rosebuds"
- Foe Romance Subtext: Has invoked it with Swagger- he slapped Swagger's arse a couple of times in one match, and jumped into his arms in another. Whether he's serious or just trying to fuck with Swagger's head is unknown, because either one (or both) is completely plausible.
- He slapped Fandango's arse too. Fandango didn't take it well.
- Incoming Ham: As Kruger, exclaimed "KRUUUUGAHHHHHH!" after he entered the ring for a match. As Adam Rose, he enters with an entire posse of costumed partygoers to announce his arrival.
- Large Ham: As Leo Kruger.
- Life of the Party: As Adam Rose.
- Lighter and Softer: Adam Rose as compared to Leo Kruger.
- Older Than They Look: Despite debuting for the first time in 2014, Adam Rose was already one of the older talents on the roster at 34.
- Oral Fixation: Adam Rose is never without his lollipop.
- Pun: Rose has a move called the Rose Pedal.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: What the Leo Kruger hunter gimmick implied to be.
- Shout-Out: His name is likely one to Axl Rose.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Adam Rose is never without his lollipop.
- Troll: As Adam Rose, he loves screwing with his opponents' heads.