- "I see trolls online, bitchy mods too. Have no sense of grammar, and will piss you off too.
And I type to myself... What a wonderful troll.
I see low sense of humour, low self esteem, Try to pirate games, right off of Steam.
And I type to myself... What a wonderful troll.
Talk about about double rainbows, they'll assume you're a fag.
Type right out, wanna make you cry.
I see mods banning them left and right, And trolls wanna scream in their ear and say
They hear 10 year olds cryin', that's what they assume,
Go on Trollpasta, and make fun of you.
And I type to myself... They'll make fun of that too.
Ya, I type to myself troll, Fuck You.
~ Loltroll 466 left the chat. ~
As of August 2018, the wiki was closed due to Wikia/Fandom staff deeming it "inappropriate and offensive" and ended their statement with "trolling is strictly prohibited" as they seem to have completely misjudged what the purpose of the wiki actually was. Wikia's reasoning was notoriously vague, and while it seems to have been leveled at the behavior of some of the site's users towards deleted creepypastas moved to the Wiki, it seems to be more the fact that Wikia simply didn't like the Wiki and wanted it gone. However, a successor wiki, the Jokepasta Wiki, was formed, housing many of the same bad stories on the Trollpasta Wiki, itself later getting closed by Wikia/Fandom. Another successor wiki by the name of LOLpasta wiki was formed soon after.
EVIL PATRIXXX will list the category-related tropes at the Trollpasta Wiki here:
- Anticlimax: "Well, that was anticlimactic.", which is for "[p]astas that end abruptly and without conflict, often leaving the reader underwhelmed and unsatisfied."
- Back from the Dead: Deletion Log Refugees contains failed Creepypastas from the Creepypasta or Spinpasta Wikis that have been recovered.
- Blatant Lies:
- Some The Title Is A Lie pastas have blatantly false titles, e.g. Customer Reviews Which are TOTALLY NOT Stolen from a SOG Video.
- The category name TOTALLY NOT UNFINISHED U GUIZE.
- Almost any pasta that claims to be a TRUE STORY is very clearly not.
- Bold Inflation: A lot of ALL CAPS pastas use a lot of bold.
- Cliché Storm: Cliche Madness. Often intentional, such as in GOODBYE SPONGEBOB and The most cliched pasta in the history of Creepypastas, Crappypastas and Trollpastas.exe.
- Dem Bones: Skeletons pastas feature skeletons. There's also the infamous "And then a skeleton popped out". There's a category for all pastas that reference it.
- Diary: Jornel covers stories told through a character's dictionary.
- Driven to Suicide: Sucide is for any pastas involving suicide.
- Epileptic Trees: Most THERY pastas are not exactly plausible theories.
- Idiot Plot: Many pastas in Stupid is as the main character does have plots that could have been avoided if the characters weren't stupid.
- Kill 'Em All: Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies is for stories where everyone ends up dead.
- Large Ham:
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Pastas in Loads of Characters feature loads of characters.
- Long Title: LONG ASS TITLE.
- Mind Screw: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT pastas are particularly confusing/bizarre/effed up, even by Trollpasta standards.
- Missing Episode: Lost episudes contains pastas about missing episodes. The missing episodes are typically of the "has never been aired" variety, and usually turn out to include disturbing content.
- Most Dangerous Video Game: Many Vidya games pastas feature some kind of dangerous video game.
- Non-Indicative Name: The Title Is A Lie features pastas whose titles don't fit the content. The title may be Blatant Lies or just something random unrelated to the plot.
- No Indoor Voice: The pastas in ALL CAPS come across as the author screaming. Similarly, pastas in Random Capitalization often have moments of this.
- Not Safe for Work: Nsfw. Most of them also have a template with the following text:ZOMG THIS PAGE NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR SCHOOL!
GO BACK NOW!!!!!! OR ELSE YOU'LL HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!!!1
- Overused Running Gag: Overused Running Gag is for pastas "relating to, in any way, a joke that is used over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over".
- Posthumous Narration: Im died is for pastas in which the narrator dies during the course of the story, sometimes several times.
- Rant Comedy: Rants contains some humorous rants.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Pastas in English Class Failure usually have poor spelling. There's also ENGLISH, MUDDAFUGGA! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!, where the pastas have terrible spelling/grammar/punctuation to the point of being hard to read.
- Satire: The Satire category, obviously.
- Serial Numbers Filed Off: Blatant Ripoffs is for obvious knock-offs of other creepypastas/trollpastas, sometimes to the point of copying text word-for-word.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Pastas with explosions can be found in Stuff Blowing Up.
- Stylistic Suck:
- Toilet Humor: Potty Humor is for pastas with scatological humor.
- Too Dumb to Live: If a pasta is in both Stupid is as the main character does and Im died, there's a good chance that the main character's death was caused by their own stupidity.
- Voodoo Shark: That just raises more questions! pastas often try to explain something and just end up raising more questions.
- Wall of Text: Wall of Text pastas contain large walls made out of text with no line breaks.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Pastas in English Class Failure usually have poor punctuation and grammar. There's also ENGLISH, MUDDAFUGGA! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!, where the pastas have terrible spelling/grammar/punctuation to the point of being hard to read.
- What an Idiot!: Stupid is as the main character does is for pastas with... well, stupid protagonists.
EVIL PATRIXXX will list the other tropes at the Trollpasta Wiki here:
- Affectionate Parody: Most of the parodies were not meant to go against the pastas they parody.
- all lowercase letters: There used to be a category for these pastas.
- Angst? What Angst?: Some of the Creepypasta characters intentionally use this trope.
- Beige Prose: Parodied in Fifty Shades of Beige (Prose). It summarizes a typical Most Dangerous Video Game pasta in 54 words.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT write a creepypasta against EVIL PATRIXXX in any way. The entire userbase will eat you alive.
- Bold Inflation: Most of the times EVIL PATRIXXX is brought up, his name will be in bold.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Let's see... Slenderman, Jeff the Killer (Worm jeff by extension), Smile Dog, Ben, Sonic.exe, Shrek, EVIL PATRIXXX, Rapey Grapey, Mr. Krabs, Cucumber aliens, Ihsoy, The users, the list goes on.
- Mascot: Who else but EVIL PATRIXXX?
- Number of the Beast: The number 666 is used to almost no end.
- One-Man Army: One person has spammed vore so much that there had to be a rule to stop it.
- Purple Prose:
Well, I did it. I managed to clench the fickle fibers of my perception of reality long enough to play through world two. I have come to the conclusion that whoever made this is completely and utterly deranged. Theres been a rusted gear or a broken spring in the mechanics of their sadistic mind. Their only purpose in creating this mod was to mentally and psychologically flagellate the naïve soul poor enough to take the bait of its mysterious origin.
- Lampshaded in I SLIGHTLY DISLIKE YOU!, a parody of I HATE YOU (which uses a similar formula), which in itself is a parody of creepypastas in general.
- Blood Whistle. It's the blog of a guy who plays a scary Super Mario Bros. 3 ROM Hack, and he uses some pretty flowery descriptions to describe the torment he goes through.
- Shrek Is Love is a reference to an infamous 4Chan post.
- A good handful of Trollpastas are parodies of other Creepypastas.
- This Pasta is a Shout Out to the YouTube Poop Mr Krabs Unquenchable Blood Lust.
- An ENTIRE CATEGORY is a shout out to an infamous Snoop Dogg song.
- The joke ending of the NES Godzilla Creepypasta was listed.
- Too Much Information: The pasta I HATE YOU starts with the narrator downloading porn. Umm...
- Trade Snark: The Purge always has a symbol at the end.
- Wham Episode: The Purge and The Purge 2.0.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: The Suicide of Squidward. is just Squidward's Suicide written in bad faux-Shakespearean English. A search for "thou" will yield other cases of butherede Englishe.