Fantendo is a Wikia-hosted wiki no longer just dedicated to Nintendo games. Fantendo is a creative-writing site based on making realistic encyclopedic articles for fictional content. While early articles focused on fan-made ideas, Fantendo has grown to focus on original works. The gist is that anyone can create media they conceptualize without needing to actually program or produce it.
With the new focus on original content, the users of Fantendo created their own lore and unique universe, inspired by a variety of different comic books, manga, anime and other media. Fantendo also went through a "New Fantendoverse" era, with the main focus shifting towards original works and creating a unique Fantendo universe similar to those of Marvel's and DC's. This was later succeeded by the "Fantendoverse Tau", a complete reboot of the New Fantendoverse.
As of 2021, Fantendoverse Tau has ceased to exist and many creators have left the wiki overtime. The "active community" has mostly focused to original works
For the sake of simplicity, this article will only detail information related to Fantendo's original content.
Select works on Fantendo:To be redone.
This website provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Zing Zang Zoodi, among others.
- Alternate Continuity: Quite a few users have made their own alternate versions of the Fantendoverse, such as the Medieverse, Pyroverse, Dualverse, etc.
- Art Evolution: The person responsible for many of the art in the Fantendoverse, Exotoro, has a noticeable improvement in art style over the years.
- Artifact Title: The wiki has long since been accepting of original non-Nintendo content.
- Art-Style Dissonance: Super Smash Bros. Something manages to be a very impressive mockup for the wiki, covering all of the fictitious video game seriously, and has Stylistic Suck MS Paint art.
- Aborted Arc: Happens very frequently, especially with most Fantendo crossovers. Subverted with Fantendo Smash Bros. Shattered and its sequels Fantendo Sports Resort and Fantendo Smash Bros. Victory.
- Big Bad: The Enemy at first, then The Threat.
- Bizarro Elements: In Project EXPE, Exa can use a variety of Alignments, that are ANYTHING but traditional, such as law, membrane and empire. Outside of Project EXPE, other characters use strange attacks.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Killgames is this for the normally kid friendly website
- Cerebus Syndrome: Originally started as a Nintendo fanon wiki, but has become a very dark comic book-like lore featuring all kinds of messed up content, although this is not true to all the series within the Fantendoverse lore.
- Continuity Reboot: The New Fantendoverse, then Fantendo Verse Tau
- Cool Shades: Rose Reaper and Melissa Dust wear red-tinted and blue-tinted shades respectively. Robyn Sephora also wears a pair of alien-detecting goggles.
- Crossover: The Fantendo Smash Bros. series pulls together many different characters from across various continuities and games to form a cohesive overarching plot. The concept itself is also a popular element used in games, mostly using the Super Smash Bros. format.
- Death Mountain: As the website focuses on many Fictional Video Games, this trope is bound to appear
- Destroyer Deity: The Fan's twin brother, The Enemy, is this.
- Doomed Hometown: Fantendo Breach is this but with Unten's whole planet
- Fictional Video Game: The main idea of the wiki is that it's a place where users can make articles of their own game ideas. This is still a main attraction despite the shifted focus to community interaction.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Even the main Fantendoverse entries have accumulated a huge cast of characters, with many more created for each game. Canon Foreigners from popular and forgotten works alike are also reintroduced on a consistent basis.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Played with on a daily, as a good portion of works are crossovers between each other's work.
- Retcon: Inevitable, considering how the Fantendoverse works. One notable retcon was the change of Strafe's mother from Palutena to the original character White Goddess, which was eventually changed back, and then changed again to remove Strafe away from that baggage.
- Series Mascot: Unten has been the mascot of Fantendo since almost the conception of wiki. Of course, it took a while for him to get lore and, well... a body. After a community fiasco in 2020, focus has shifted from Unten to Killgames Character Redge
- The Multiverse: All articles on the wiki have their place in the multiverse, with a majority taking place outside of the Fantendoverse as standalone projects. It even has its own page with a (albeit outdated) list of universes.
- Wham Episode
- Fantendo Visual Novel, full stop. The Fantendoverse is falling apart, White Goddess isn't who everyone thinks she is, Abaddon is back, and Palutena returns.
- Fantendo Smash Bros. Shattered. The Fantendoverse straight-up DIES. A new universe takes its place, but it's lacking a couple of former key characters.
- Fantendo: The Animated Series was also full of its Wham Episodes as well. Season 2 is basically one huge wham season, given the sudden changes in the direction of the series and characters.