The Chaos Insurgency is a non-official spin-off site of the SCP Foundation focusing on a splinter faction of Foundation personnel that defected in 1924 following a massive Foundation civil war. The main dispute between the two organizations is the Insurgency's willingness to use anomalous items and organisms for the benefit of humanity, whereas the Foundation stores and contains potentially helpful and beneficial items.
The Chaos Insurgency is more lenient and ruthless in their experiments and has darker morals than the Foundation, and is willing to do anything to advance their cause of consolidating global control.
What the Foundation would consider SCP objects to secure and contain, the Insurgency labels them Items to be used for their cause. They see the anomalous as an instrument to their advancement, and will exploit any anomaly the way it may be exploited, be it for profit, assassination, disruption of everyday life or others.
This page details tropes found in the Chaos Insurgency website. Content original to the Chaos Insurgency is under a Creative-Commons by Attribution, Share-Alike 3.0 License. The Chaos Insurgency is derived from an original concept from the SCP Foundation and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License.
- Adaptive Ability - The Creation of Darwin possesses this, to a limited level.
- Anyone Can Die - Numerous tales have this.
- Artifact of Doom - They store these thing all the time and use it too.
- Body Horror - Some items may cause this, or display this. One of which is the Creature of Scientists.
- Classified Information - The Insurgency is fond of using censors and redactions to protect information, but not as much as their Foundation counterparts.
- Cruel and Unusual Death - A lot of items tend to cause this. The Bell of Entropy is one example.
- Darkness = Death - The Light Eater and others. Inverted by the Hallway to Heaven.
- Deadly Doctor - A good amount of the doctors in the Insurgency.
- Early Installment Weirdness - Older articles, including the original version of The Staff of Hermes, have a manual of style that basically piggybacks on the SCP's format. This was later revised to fit better standards.
- Extranormal Institute - The Insurgency has a number of these.
- For Doom the Bell Tolls - You're pretty much screwed if you hear the Bell of Entropy activated.
- Medical Horror - There is a certain doctor that specializes in this.
- Psychological Horror
- Spy Satellite - The Insurgency has an alien spy satellite codenamed the Third Eye, or QUAESITOR.