- In Dead Fantasy V, Hitomi wordlessly delivers one to Hayate after he sics an army of Ninjas on Tifa. It can be interpreted either she saw it as a cheap way to dispose of a Worthy Opponent, or she was appalled by the extent of the injuries they inflicted.
- Adam Dodd of Survival of the Fittest receives a horrified reaction from his friends after he shoots a comatose member of his group in the head. Needless to say, just about everybody there called him out on it.
- During the final two, the other finalist Jack O'Connor brutally called him out on all of his murders throughout the game.
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. The villain is the one to call the hero out on his idiocy. The hero had almost flattened the love interest by grandstanding.
- Dorkly Originals:
- "Link's Wish" has Link defeating Ganon and using the Triforce to grant his wish of... a pizza dinosaur. The Triforce is utterly dumbfounded and flies off, while Zelda berates Link for leaving Hyrule in ruins before she's eaten by the dinosaur.
- "Luke won't forgive Anakin": After Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Luke (and Leia) won't forgive Anakin for the atrocities he committed just because he killed the Emperor. This is confusing not only to him, but Obi-Wan and Yoda as well.
- Red vs. Blue:
- After Agent Washington shoots Agent South in the Head he and the A.I. Delta are called out by Church to be "some cold motherfuckers". It takes half an episode for Church and Caboose to stop trying to calm him down with a very annoying "just calm down...we are all your friends...lower your weapon" way of speaking.Wash: Stop talking to me like that, I'm not insane. Now if you'll excuse me, I have blow up this dead body.
- The Reds and Blues really let Church and Carolina have it when they plan to throw everything they have at the Director, even using the Reds and Blues as cannon fodder. It only hits home when the Reds and Blues, including Washington, walk out on them.
- After Agent Washington shoots Agent South in the Head he and the A.I. Delta are called out by Church to be "some cold motherfuckers". It takes half an episode for Church and Caboose to stop trying to calm him down with a very annoying "just calm down...we are all your friends...lower your weapon" way of speaking.
- In the eight season of Sonic for Hire, Tails furiously calls Sonic out for dropping his status as The Creator to solely ruin Sonic Mania's popularity.
- In If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device, the Emperor, upon learning that the Custodes have done pretty much nothing for the better part of ten thousand years, promptly orders them to go out and help the Imperium, seeing how they have the best gear in the galaxy. They do so minus the gear.
- This video from How It Should Have Ended has Iron Man called out for his actions in the first movie by Superman and Batman. Tony gets to fire back by lampshading Card Board Prison and Joker Immunity.
- This Let's Play of Planescape: Torment has the Nameless One Jumping Off the Slippery Slope, corrupted by the game's Tome of Eldritch Lore. Only to eventually reveal to the book that he was an evil bastard all along, just before destroying it.
- In We Are Our Avatars, this is the default reaction of the saner members of the Group (i.e. everyone else) whenever Caim goes slaughter-happy. This is Played for Laughs, as Caim is usually portrayed as an unsympathetic Jerkass.
- There was this one time Osaka accidentally shot Irene in the foot (with a very powerful gun, to boot) and everyone called her out on it.
- A comparatively minor example: In TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life, Joy eventually calls Chris out for mocking Dash one time too many.
- The Salvation War takes time to note the problems the war against Heaven and Hell are going to cause. The first battlefield is now littered with tons unexploded shells, Earth's economy is a wreck, and people were shocked by the beating they gave to the demons.
- Linkara's pet peeve is heroes who don't act like heroes. E.G., Frank Miller's All Star Batman and Robin, Neutro Number 1 and Superman at Earth's End.
- Linkara finally gets this himself in Catwoman, Guardian of Gotham #2.
- By seasons two and three of Marble Hornets, Jay is regular getting chewed out for his Genre Blindness, stalking, and focus on filming everything and putting it on YouTube instead of helping people.
- The SCP Foundation is known for its Black-and-Gray Morality, being pragmatists at best and Well Intentioned Extremists at worst. On one occasion they're called out on their callous nature by the creator of SCP-3108, a modified Nerf dart gun than can nerf objects. After he's informed that they tested it on people, he's horrified that they "turned his joke into a torture device" and is so disgusted he ends the interview early and demands the researcher leaves his cell.
- In Strange Aeons, Arron gets chewed out by Nick for filming his most private moments and putting them on his channel.
- In Double Rainboom, Twilight, and pretty much the audience's reaction to Rainbow Dash completely destroying Ponyville.
- In the "Cannon Ball Run" episode of Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Grand Theft Auto IV, Gavin had continuously messed up Team Lads' attempts to win in a round of "Cops n' Crooks", prompting Michael to ask what's going through his brain. When Gavin gives him the reasoning - that he was actively losing because they just kept on winning and thus he felt it wasn't fun - it pissed Michael off enough that he temporarily tossed him off of Team Lads.
- In "Ryan's Heist" (Let's Play Grand Theft Auto V), Michael chews out Ryan for killing Geoff (though that was an accident) and trying to kill Ray (that one wasn't).
- This is a common form of diss in the Epic Rap Battles of History:
Bill Gates: Well Steve, you steal all the credit for work that other people do. Did your fat beard Wozniak write these raps for you too?
- In "Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs":
Romney: You're all Barack and no bite! Been no change and we're all still hoping... that you'll shut your mouth, but like Guantanamo Bay they're both open.Batman: You're not smart! You're selfish; you endanger everyone's life!
- In "Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney":
Stephen King: Masque of the Red Death? Barely blood-curdling. The Pit and the Pendulum? Not even unnerving. Perving on your first cousin when she's 13 years old? Now that's disturbing.
- Done by both sides in "Moses vs. Santa Claus":Santa: You been a naughty boy! You brought a plague of frogs! You best arrest yourself, you broke Your own law! Or was there something in Rule 6 I didn't understand? My list says "killed Egyptian dude, buried him in sand".
Moses: You ain't a saint, you a slaver like a Pharaoh in the snow. Stop with the unpaid labour, and let my little people go!
- "Michael Jordan vs. Muhammad Ali":Michael Jordan: Why don't you dodge this battle like you did Vietnam?
Muhammad Ali: You fight like the little girls who make your Nike shoes!
- And in the same battle:
- In "Stephen King vs. Edgar Allan Poe":
Mythbusters: You built a laser grid with no safety switch, and Walter Peck was right, that's some shady shit!
- In "George Washington vs. William Wallace", Wallace twice calls out Washington for owning slaves.
- In "Ghostbusters vs. Mythbusters":
''And if those Native dudes knew what white men were gonna do, they would have stopped you in Dakota-they should totally Sioux!
- Quentin Tarantino accuses Steven Spielberg of being a hack and a sellout because of War of the Worlds. Spielberg opens his mouth to argue but then concedes that Tarantino's right.
- Bill & Ted to Lewis And Clark:
Socrates: I won't be taught camaraderie by a frog who rigged the lottery! You make a mockery of ethics, so keep your fat nose in your coffee!Jim: Let me mention, I'm impressed by all the vision that it took/For you to sign your name...
- In "Eastern Philosophers vs. Western Philosophers", Confucius calls out Friedrich Nietzsche on his inadvertent contribution to the rise of the Third Reich. Later, Voltaire gets one from Socrates.
Kermit the Frog: On all of Jack Kirby's comic books!
- In their clash, Frederick Douglass spends near his entire rap calling Thomas Jefferson a Hypocrite for actively partaking in the African-American slave trade after fighting a war of liberation. Jefferson has no real comeback for it.
- The Courier in Courier's Mind: Rise of New Vegas, practically makes it one of his many missions to do this to any character, that remotely makes him mad and/or does something incredibly stupid. Not that he's usually wrong.
- In "A New Planet & Antimatter!" by Matthew Santoro, Matthew dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter calls him out for being mean to his clone, Hugo.
- Whateley Universe: Beltane makes a very harsh comment to Ayla that completely disregards everything he went through (the comment was 'Yes, yes, I'm sure it was all very traumatic, now keep up, we've got a schedule to meet!'). While she didn't know what Ayla had gone through, that's still a pretty brutal thing to say, especially coming from one TG to another. While Ayla didn't call her out on it at the time, he still gets annoyed thinking back on it, and wants to be a tour guide at least partially so he can do a better job in that respect than she did.
- In the Marvel Funko Short "Spellbound", Iron Man is able to rescue Spider-Man from Loki's spell by taking away his staff. Spidey decides to get revenge with the staff by... making his act like a chicken. Spidey laughs at Loki, but Iron Man shakes his head disappointingly and asks for the staff back, making Spidey hang his head in shame.
- DSBT InsaniT: Koden and some of the others call Alex out on his...less than noble choices.
- Dreamscape: The others really call out Vampire Lord on his actions in his fight against Keela during the fighting tournament.
- In "Deadpool: The Musical 2," Deadpool kills dozens of mooks in a warehouse decorated with anti-mutant posters before locating mutant prisoner Jubilee, who is tied to a chair wearing a power-dampening collar. He fully expects her to applaud his heroics as he frees her, but she calls him out instead and triggers his heel realization:Jubilee: "Don't think saving me is going to win you any points with the X-Men. You're not a superhero, you're an actual murderer."
- At the end of Dream's "2 Hunters" video, Sapnap has nothing but anger towards George after he kills Sapnap eventually leading to Dream's victory. He only gets more annoyed at George when he realizes in the bonus video that George killing him is the only reason Dream won in the first place, having used Sapnap's Ender Pearls to save himself from the void.
What The Hell Hero / Web Original