Zog is a 2018 25-minute animated Short Film directed by Max Lang and Daniel Snaddon. It is part of a series of adaptations of Julia Donaldson's children's books by The BBC, a series that includes The Gruffalo, The Highway Rat, Room on the Broom and The Snail And The Whale.
A keen yet accident prone young dragon named Zog hopes to earn a gold star at Dragon School by learning how to fly, roar, breathe fire and his biggest challenge: capture a princess, however he has the help of a kind girl who helps to patch up his cuts, burns and bruises.
- Delightful Dragon: Zog has a friendly, playful and childlike personality.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Zog and his classmates all vary in appearances, having differing colors, snout shapes and horns.
- Dragons Prefer Princesses: The final lesson Zog and his classmates are taught to become proper dragons is learning to capture a princess.
- Dragons Versus Knights: Zog battles a Knight, Sir Gadaout.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Zog never realised the girl was princess Pearl until she reveals it to him and allows him to capture her as part of his final lesson to become a dragon.
- Standard Fantasy Setting: Zog is set in a standard Medieval European Fantasy with classic fantasy characters such as Dragons, princesses and knights.