Wile E. Coyote starts another pursuit on the Road Runner, but the chase soon ends when a truck nearly runs the Coyote over and causes him to run off a cliff. Then, after failing to scale the cliff that he smacked into to reach the Road Runner, who is standing atop of it, he initiates new unsuccessful plans, like shooting himself from a bow, a grenade on a model airplane, a wedge that will throw a boulder, bird seed mixed with iron pellets as well as a magnet on a fishing line, two cannons and smearing the bottom of his feet with axle grease.
- Acme Products:
- Semi-averted in the fourth gag. Wile E. mixes ACME Iron Pellets and Ajax Bird Seed.
- In the final gag, Wile E. smears ACME Axle Grease on the bottom of his feet in order to slide along the ground.
- Binomium ridiculus:
- COYOTE (evereadii eatibus)
- ROAD RUNNER (digoutius-hot-rodis)
- Blowing a Raspberry: Once Wile E. manages to make it out alive from the truck at the beginning, he taunts it by sticking his tongue out. Unfortunately, once he realizes he's running into thin air, he sticks his tongue back in and points down worriedly before slamming into a cliff wall.
- Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress:
- Just when Wile E. thinks he has outrun the truck at the beginning, he runs off a cliff while the truck turns to continue its destination. Once realization kicks in, the Coyote flies straight into a cliff wall and plummets into the abyss below. Then, the Road Runner arrives at the top of the cliff wall to taunt the Coyote, prompting the latter to climb up the cliff, but as soon as he gets to the top, a chunk of the cliff that he is standing on breaks off and falls back down.
- An attempt to load the first cannon backfires when the cannonball blasts off the instant Wile E. tries to ram it in, sending him and the stick he was using plunging into a canyon. To put the cherry on top, the cannonball then lands on the two, driving them into the earth.
- Resorting to another cannon, which is much more massive than the last one, Wile E. sets it atop a cliff while the Road Runner is below, eating another batch of bird seed. However, as Wile E. is about to light the cannon, it comes loose from its mount and falls towards the ground, taking the Coyote with it.
- Great Bow: Wile E. tries to launch himself from one in his first plan. He merely rams face-first into the wood.
- Railroad Tracks of Doom: At the end of the cartoon, Wile E. ends up sliding onto railroad tracks and into a tunnel, where he comes back out being chased by a train, piloted by the Road Runner.
- Rod And Reel Repurposed: While he keeps the Road Runner distracted with the bird seed/iron pellet mixture, Wile E. slowly lowers a magnet on a fishing line, which unfortunately attaches itself to a power line and electrocutes him.
- Seesaw Catapult: Wile E. tries to crush the Road Runner by setting up a wedge with a massive boulder. The boulder is then launched up when Wile E. tries to push down on his end of the wedge and lands on the wrong target, i.e. him.
- Slippery Skid: Wile E. initially has some trouble getting the hang of the axle grease on his feet, grabbing a cactus in the process with painful results.
- Surprise Jump: Just as the Coyote is introduced at the beginning of the short, the Road Runner goes up behind his back and lets out a "BEEP BEEP!" that startles him up into the air.