While taking a shower under a waterfall, Bugs is unpleasantly surprised to find the water drying up on him. He briefly worries that the water is simply gone, but then concludes that its probably the fault of beavers damming the river upstream. He goes to confront the beavers, but instead finds the villainous lumberjack Blacque Jacques Shellacque building an illegal rock dam in order to control the water supply and profit off the scarcity. Bugs removes a large rock at the top, which Jacques prompty replaces. He then asks what would happen if a little rock at the bottom of the dam became dislodged. Jacque is so eager to show that his dam is solid that he removes a small rock himself, and the whole thing comes crumbling down.
Bugs shower is again interrupted by the dam, which Jacques has rebuilt stronger. Standing on top of the dam Jacques sees a shark fin. He assumes this to be another trick by Bugs and goes out to meet it with a knife in his teeth. It turns out to be a real shark. Bugs saves Jacques from the predator but at the same time crashes a log boat through the dam, destroying it again.
Jacques builds a third, even bigger dam. Bugs throws a stick of dynamite at it, which Jacques easily catches. It blows up in his face, of course, and Jacques doesnt notice an entire raft full of dynamite heading for the dam.
Jacques follows the sound of Bugs singing voice to the waterfall and hits what he thinks is Bugs with a rifle blast. Instead hes destroyed Bugs Victrola, enraging the rabbit. Finally he builds another dam, this time out of steel. This time his own supply of water has been cut off, by a dam that Bugs built. Jacques destroys a series of dams that Bugs has built while Bugs begs him to stop. Finally he gets to the Grand Cooler Dam, which he tries to destroy with a cannonball. The cannonball ricochets, plowing into Jacque and knocking him into a police van that drives him away. Bugs says that hes sure hell see Jacques again, In, uh, about 20 years."
- Big Dam Plot: Jacques builds dam, Bugs breaks dam, and so on. Subverted at the end when Jacques fails to break the Grand Cooler Dam.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: The Victrola being destroyed prompts Bugs to say, Of course you realize this means war", a line lifted from Groucho Marx.
- Briar Patching: Bugs wins his final victory over Jacques by begging him not to destroy a series of dams, which Jacque of course does.
- Cutlass Between the Teeth: Jacques swims out to meet the shark this way, when he thinks its just Bugs with a fake shark fin.
- French Jerk: Jacques doesn't care that Bugs won't be able to shower anymore.
- Maurice Chevalier Accent: Jacques talks in a grossly exaggarated French accent.
- Ninja Log: Jacques shoots at what he thinks is Bugs singing in the shower, but is really his record player.
- Pun: The Grand Cooler Dam is a pun on the Grand Coulee Dam in the US state Washington.
- Pun-Based Title: The title is a pun on "wet hair".
- Serial Escalation: The dams keep getting bigger, and Bugs schemes to get rid of them keep getting wackier.
- Shark Fin of Doom: Jacques sees a shark fin in the water and assumes it's Bugs. It's not.
- Shatterpoint Tap: Removing one tiny pebble from the bottom of the dam causes it to burst apart.
- Shout-Out: Each time he tries to take a shower Bugs sings April Showers in an imitation of Al Jolson.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: When the water first dries up, Bugs blames "pesky beavers". Meanwhile, as Jacques is building the dam, he says to himself "I feel like pesky beaver."
- Stuff Blowing Up: The dam is blown up a couple of times.
- Tempting Fate: Jacques thinks it's silly that taking away one of the little rocks at the bottom of the dam will cause it to break. He is proven wrong.
- During the final confrontation, Jacque — having blown up several of Bugs' makeshift rock dams — is so eager to one-up his wascally wabbit foe that he scoffs at this latest dam, thinking it to have been a hastily bunny-built creation ... and not seeing that it is the concrete Grand Cooler Dam (a play on "Grand Coulee"), fires his cannon into it. However, before he realizes that it is, indeed, a real dam, the cannonball ricochets off the dam and back into the muzzle of his cannon, the force of which blows him into a waiting police paddywagon, off to federal court to await terrorism charges.
- This Means War!: Said by Bugs after Jacques shoots his Victrola.
- Waterfall Shower