The short follows a young monster boy known as T-Kesh, who goes to school with humans. Presented in the style of a documentary, it follows him through a day in his life at school and focuses on his experiences trying to fit in with humans.
The short was produced by Cartoon Network and intended as a pilot for a potential series. It premiered on their YouTube page in 2017. Despite a positive reception, it was ultimately not picked by for a full series.
It can be watched in its entirety here.
Tropes found in this short include:
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The short is a clear metaphor for the real-life struggles of ethnic minorities.
- In-Series Nickname: T-Kesh's real name is Douglas, but he prefers to be called by his nickname, which he says is based on his middle name, Takeshi.
- Mockumentary: The short is presented in such a format.
- Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic: Averted. The dialogue is full of words like "um" and "uh", as well as characters stumbling over their words in realistic fashion.
- Shout-Out: T-Kesh says he's a fan of Mega Turtle. At one point he is watching one of his movies, and the character is obviously based on Gamera.