After removing Trollstice off their calendar, the Bergens realize that they don't have any other holidays that can be celebrated, so Bridget enlists the help of the Trolls to help them find one.
A sequel correspondent to Trolls: World Tour titled Trolls: Holiday in Harmony is currently set to be released in 2021.
Trolls Holiday provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor / Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: DJ Suki and King Peppy do not appear in the special, nor are mentioned at all.
- An Aesop: Always listen to what your friends have to say.
- Bubble Pipe: Mr. Dinkles is revealed to have one when revealed as the narrator, complete with smoking jacket. Biggie wants to know who gave him one.
- Butt-Monkey: Gristle suffers a lot of abuse from the presentation.
- Censored for Comedy: Bleepy Sound Day makes it sound like the trolls are cursing up a storm. Tear Away Pants Day has Biggie's bare groin pixelated and Gristle acting scandalized even though trolls have nothing down there.
- Disney Acid Sequence: The Trolls and Cloud Guy experience one when the Caterbus goes through the wormhole. Eventually the Trolls turn into actual toy Trolls.
- Eye Scream: Poor Gristle gets glitter, foam and laser burns on his eyes from the Trolls' presentation.
- Fictional Holiday: The Trolls seem to have one for every day of the year. At least.
- Jukebox Musical: While this special has much less pre-existing songs than the movie (original songs making up the majority instead, it still has some like Madonna's "Holiday".
- Medium-Shift Gag: As the bus goes through a worm hole, the Trolls briefly transform into the original Troll dolls.
- Narrator All Along: Mr. Dinkles.
- Pixellation: On Biggie's crotch when he rips up his pants for Tear-Away Pants Day.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: One of the holidays brought up to the Bergens is Bleepy Sound Day, a holiday in which everyone talks in beeps.
- Un-Paused: After exiting the wormhole, the Trolls take in their surroundings, then immediately resume signing "Love Train" like nothing happened. Only Branch appears to be weirded out, but he doesn't let that stop him from signing.
- The Unsmile: Branch is still getting the hang of smiling. He finally gets it right in the end.
- Who Is Driving?: Branch asks it when Cloud Guy is dancing with the Trolls on the bus when he's supposed to be driving it. It immediately drops off a cliff and is eaten by a worm, who then poops them out in Bergentown.
- You Mean "Xmas" / Christmas Episode: Although it isn't said in the special, it seems that Trollstice was celebrated around the time of real-life Thanksgiving, and the special involves a Christmas-esque holiday.