Toucan Tecs: The Adventures of Zippi & Zac was a British children's television programme about two private detectives, a pair of anthropomorphic toucans named Zippi and Zac who, although based in the jungle, flew around the world solving crimes on their flying devices. Their main enemies were a group of ducks called "The Mad Ducks", led by Red Leader.
Toucan Tecs provides examples of:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "Up in the Air", Zippi, after being pulled into the air by a kite, wishes that he could get down. Cue the kite string breaking and sending him plummeting to the ground * . Luckily, he lands on the hang-gliding Red Leader.
- Jaw Drop: Zippi in "Mad Ducks' Olympics", when Zac lifts a couple of balloons made to look like a barbell over his head.
- Nice Hat: Wherever Zippi goes around the world, he always wears a matching hat corresponding to the country - a turban for the Orient, a tartan beret for Scotland, a sombrero for Mexico, etc.
- No Antagonist: While the Mad Ducks have an antagonistic role, they're just fun-loving and uncaring as to who they disturb because of it, as opposed to malicious.
- Nobody Here but Us Statues: How the Mad Ducks disguise themselves in "Peacock Palace Scoop".
- Not Now, Kiddo: In "Peacock Palace Scoop", Zippi repeatedly refuses to listen to Zac's attempts to tell him that the Mad Ducks are the ones taking photos of the royal family.
- The Smurfette Principle: Fifi is the only female member of the Toucan Tecs.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Red Leader wears a pale pink scarf. Averted with Fifi, as apart from her voice and name, there's absolutely no indication that she's female.
- Wrench Wench: Fifi.