Tom and Jerry: Blast Off to Mars is a 2005 Direct-to-Video film about Tom and Jerry accidentally getting sent to Mars during one of their trademark chases, and accidentally starting an alien invasion.
Tom and Jerry: Blast Off to Mars contains examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: None of the scientists or authorities on Earth can deal with the alien invasion.
- The Ahnold: The president of the United States is based off of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Alien Invasion: The whole point of the movie.
- Alien Lunch: Peep is perfectly fine with eating the food at the Martian kingdom's buffet, but Jerry isn't.
- And Mission Control Rejoiced: Mission Control celebrates when the rocket with Tom and Jerry returns. Little do they know what's coming for them.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: The titular duo spend most of the movie in outer space without helmets, yet neither suffer any ill-effects.
- Big Ball of Violence: When Biff and Buzz (along with a scientist and their boss) try to catch Tom and Jerry this happens with Tom and Jerry peacefully walking out as the four foolish men beat each other.
- When Biff and Buzz fight each other on the shuttle this happens.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Spike is seen early in the movie being annoyed by Tom and Jerry's antics, but then he proves to be instrumental in defeating the Invince-a-tron during the climax.
- Covers Always Lie: Nothing close to the scenario depicted on the page image happens in the movie proper: Tom does wear a space suit, but it's white instead of red and he loses it before he even gets into space, Jerry doesn't get a suit at all, and Mars isn't nearly as small as the cover makes it look.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear: The last scene has Tom chased by the mech off into the sunset.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: The Martians think the humans are hostile when Tom accidentally wrecks their city.
- Humanoid Aliens: The Martians are these, albeit really small.
- Humongous Mecha: The Martian weapon, the Invince-a-tron, which is a mech with a giant vacuum.
- Interspecies Romance: Peep falls in love with Jerry.
- Overly Long Gag: King Thingg falling down the stairs, which lasts so long a pair of Martians meet up, get Happily Married and have several children, all before he lands.
- Shout-Out: The black monolith on Mars.
- Spinning Paper: Announcing Tom, Jerry and Peep as the heroes who stopped the Alien Invasion.