ThunderCats Roar is an upcoming animated television series based on the 1985 ThunderCats cartoon and scheduled to premiere in 2019. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and airing on Cartoon Network, it's a brand new continuity from both the original series and the 2011 cartoon with a greater emphasis on comedy.
ThunderCats Roar provides examples of:
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Downplayed; the black streak in Wilykat's hair is now a dark red.
- Boyish Short Hair: Cheetara's hair is noticeably shorter compared to her counterparts from the first two incarnations of the franchise.
- Denser and Wackier: The show has a much greater emphasis on comedy than the previous two series, with a simplistic art style and fluid animation to match.
- Extremely Short Intro Sequence: Similar to the 2011 version, the intro is shorter than usual for many cartoons, only about 26 seconds long. While it is longer than the 2011 version which clocked in at about 10 seconds, it is especially short when compared to the intro for the original cartoon, which was three times as long.
- Theme Tune: Rather than a variation of the traditional theme, the show's intro makes use of a song called "Thunder Neko", also known as "drugs, neko", by Shinsei Kamattechan.
- Thin-Line Animation: The show uses this style in sharp contrast to the Animesque stylings of prior ThunderCats shows.
- Vocal Dissonance: Lion-O looks like a child, but has a deep, heroic-sounding voice.