- The Space Kidettes! Starring Scooter, Jenny, Countdown, Snoopy, and Pupstar. And featuring Captain Skyhook, and his evil pal Static!
The Space Kidettes is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon that ran for 20 episodes from September 10th, 1966, to February 4th, 1967. Four kids and their dog, Pupstar, live in a clubhouse in space, while constantly being pursued by Captain Skyhook and his sidekick, Static, for their treasure map.
Tropes that appear in The Space Kidettes:
- Aerith and Bob: Jenny is a normal name in a sea of futuristic names.
- All in the Manual: Supposedly, Jennys last name is Jet, but thats never mentioned in the show.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Captain Skyhook draws the line at torturing the Space Kidettes.
- Invisible Parents: The Space Kidettes dont seem to have any. No adult even comes to their rescue when theyre being chased by Skyhook and Static.
- Jet Pack: How everyone mainly gets around.
- Minimalist Cast: The show consists only of the six characters, barring any monsters of the week.
- Recycled In Space: Half the episodes bear the title of Space (object).
- Status Quo Is God: Skyhook and Static will never get the Space Kidettes' treasure map.
- Would Harm A Child: Parodied. Static always suggests doing something violent to the kids, like baking or disintegrating them, to which Captain Skyhook replies with horror that he would suggest hurting "innocent little tykes".Captain Skyhook: I need something humane, but diabolical!