The Owl (French: La Chouette) is a 2007 short All-CGI Cartoon created by Alexandre So, and produced by Studio Hari. It stars the titular Owl, who lives in a tall tree (although in some episodes, he's on other trees) originating from a Crapsaccharine World. Once an Episode, he'll always get accidentally and comically tortured in various ways (as he has detachable body parts) at the end of them due to his blatant, rotten luck.
This series contains examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: We have a pink owl who likes to eat blue worms.
- Accordion Bird: The Owl turns into one in "Monkey Musician" as he was hanging on a palm tree with the titular monkey.
- Bottle Episode: Taken Up to Eleven, as the series only takes place high up a tree.
- Cute Owl: The Owl himself.
- Butt-Monkey/Comedic Sociopathy: Happens frequently with the Owl.
- Cartoon Cheese: "Master Crow" has the titular bird with holey, stinky cheese.
- Diurnal Nocturnal Animal: The Owl, pretty much.
- Floating Limbs: Besides the Owl, there are a few other birds that appear with no legs.
- Fly Crazy: Three episodes each involve a fly, bees and a mosquito.
- Made of Explodium: Apples in the episode "Apple Storm" and "The Fireflies"
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: Though, the series doesn't have any background music for very much a majority of episodes.
- Man-Eating Plant: Small ones appear in "Living Nature".
- Non-Standard Character Design: Though Downplayed, the Owl and a majority of other animals have Sphere Eyes, while some other animals look more realistic.
- Ring Ring Crunch: In "The Sloth", the Owl attempts to wake up the titular sloth with bell-flowers. The sloth then proceeds to do this to the Owl, complete with cogs inside of him.
- Sphere Eyes
- They Killed Kenny Again: Every single episode results in the Owl getting either squashed, blown up, or getting beaten by nature.
- Tree Buchet: Happens in "The Giraffe", when the Owl shortly tricks a giraffe whilst holding a tree branch with his foot, so the giraffe attempts to get to eating it as it launches the Owl with a tree branch above.
- When Trees Attack: One just so happens to smack Owl at the end of "Living Nature".